Defensive Carry banner

Question(for Michigan)

823 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TireFryer 
#1 ·
A friend of mine that I work with is from the UK. He is has a green card and is a "Permenant Legal Resident"

Can he own a handgun in Michigan? I tried looking through the "firearms law of Michigan book" but that did not tell me anything. So I figured I would ask here and I am sure that someone could lead me in the right direction!

#4 ·
Try going here [url="http://www.migunowners.org/forum/index.php?]Michigan Gun Owners[/url] and get in the "legal Beagle" section it is moderated by a MI lawyer that will answer minor questions you must register to post

#5 ·
I am a Green card holder / Permanent Resident Alien, and yes, per Federal and MI State Law, I am allowed to own handguns. I am subject to the EXACT same procedures required to own a handgun, which includes taking a handgun safety test/quiz, getting a permit to purchase a pistol, and then registering it with my local law enforcement agency. A Green card holder is also permitted to apply for and obtain a CPL, which I did and got issued recently.
Hope this helped. MGO is a great forum to get lots of great info, and Mr. Simmons (lawyer) on that forum will answer basic questions and help direct you in the right direction as needed...and is a great guy on top of it (he taught the legal part of the required CCW class)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.