Sigma first failure

Sigma first failure

This is a discussion on Sigma first failure within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Went to the range to day and after about 50 rnds the sigma would fail to cock the firing pin allthe way.but enough that taking ...

Thread: Sigma first failure

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

Sigma first failure

Went to the range to day and after about 50 rnds the sigma would fail to cock the firing pin allthe way.but enough that taking the gun apart wasnt posable since it has to be de cocked to remove the slide and the only way to d cock it is to point it in a safe derection and pull the triger. after making sure its not loaded and dosnt have a mag in.
    i couldnt get it to dry fire and finaly chamberd a round pointed it down range and got it to fire. then dry fired it and took it apart. give it a quick cleaning and lubed it. now in the book sent with the sigma pointsd out the oiling points and dosnt say to oil the firing pin spring but it fired flawless ly after i did wounder if i have a week sping or some thing. all other guns i took each ate a hundred rounds np.
    obtw thought id post this because i have to say the sigma has eaten any kind of amo this was winchester white box bulk ammo from walmart 16 dollars a hundred 165 grain

Were you trying to dry fire it without a mag in it? I think those have a mag safety on them. My bersa is like that and it freaked me out when I tried to dry fire it until I realized what the problem was.

Freedz no mad disconnect in Sigma's

Snake have you been oiling the connector thats hooked to the trigger?

check it and clean it that is what cocks the firing pin to fire if it gets gritty it can not fully cycle

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    thanks bud ill check that out going to shoot tomarrow there is verry limited oiling data in the smith hand book or any other usefull info if memory servs lol and no mag safty feedz it says right on the lower below the slide THIS FIRE ARM WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT A MAGAZINE. this state ment on a gun makes me laugh a warning lablewho woulda thought

Sponsored Links