Defensive Carry banner

Gun sale in FL (not face to face)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  claybreaker0 
#1 ·
I have a gun listed on floridaguntrader.com, and a gentleman wants it. He lives 6 hours away, in my same state (FL) and we are not able to meet up. He had his FFL e-mail me with a copy of the FFL license. My question is: when shipping my firearm do I have to ship from an FFL dealer here in my city, to his FFL where he lives? Or is it ok how we are doing it, my private gun shipment to his FFL?

Also, I included ammo with the sale of the pistol. The dispatch depot that I spoke with said they can ship the firearm over night, but are not allowed to ship ammo period. Not even if it is in a separate box. Is anyone here familiar with these laws/rules? I want to make sure he gets the ammo, its 75 rounds of hollowpoint so its not a bad chunk of change.

#2 ·
If his FFL is willing to accept a shipment from a non FFL holder, you can do it that way. Your best bet is to check with his FFL and see what his policy is. If he won't accept the gun directly from you, you may have to use a FFL in your city. Since you're both in Florida, have you considered meeting him midway and doing FTF. That way you can exchange the gun and ammo together. Surely the cost of gas wouldn't be anywhere near the cost of overnight shipping of the gun and shipping ammo separately.

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I am waiting to hear back from the FFL, he did send me the information without mentioning another FFL dealer, but I will wait and see. I have contemplated meeting half way, but with a vehicle that gets 17 mpg on the highway, and a price that is WAY lower than I ever wanted to reach.....I just couldn't do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.