A 1911 in .22?

A 1911 in .22?

This is a discussion on A 1911 in .22? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone know if there's a 1911 in .22LR? If so, make & model? price?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 1911 in .22?

A 1911 in .22?

Does anyone know if there's a 1911 in .22LR? If so, make & model? price?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a 1911 in .22LR? If so, make & model? price?
    Kimber makes a nice one, as well as a nice conversion kit. There are other cheaper models as well like the Chiappa. May I ask why? I have seen you post negative comments about 1911's quite a few times. For example not liking single action only.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    I have seen a lot of these at gun shows but do not have any experience with them.

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/09/24/c...911-semi-auto/
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Kimber makes a nice one, as well as a nice conversion kit. There are other cheaper models as well like the Chiappa. May I ask why? I have seen you post negative comments about 1911's quite a few times. For example not liking single action only.
    You're right; I have posted negative comments about the 1911. However, I frequent other forums and they are all the same; the 1911 is awesome! So, there has to be something about the 1911 that I am missing. I need to shoot one and find out what the hoopla is all about. If I still don't like the 1911, fine. No harm done. If I fall in love with the 1911 then..... I'm gonna want a cheap bullet like the .22. That's why I was asking if there's a 1911 in .22.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

As far as I know, Kimber makes the only complete .22 1911 today. There are several manufacturers of conversion kits to slide on top of an existing lower, including Ceiner, Marvel and AA.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    You're right; I have posted negative comments about the 1911. However, I frequent other forums and they are all the same; the 1911 is awesome! So, there has to be something about the 1911 that I am missing. I need to shoot one and find out what the hoopla is all about. If I still don't like the 1911, fine. No harm done. If I fall in love with the 1911 then..... I'm gonna want a cheap bullet like the .22. That's why I was asking if there's a 1911 in .22.
    Dave,

I think it's cool you are giving the 1911 a chance. Trust me, I love my plastic, but there are no better pure shooters then 1911's. The trigger, point ability, and accuracy are bar none. Oh and they are just flat out pretty to me! haha

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    As far as I know, Kimber makes the only complete .22 1911 today. There are several manufacturers of conversion kits to slide on top of an existing lower, including Ceiner, Marvel and AA.
    I got the Kimber conversion and the sucker is a total tack driver. I know that the all come with the test groupings showing 1.5 inch or sub groups at 25 yards.

The GSG1911 is the highest quality .22 caliber 1911 on the market today. This is a REAL 1911 and shares almost all of its parts with every other 1911, except for the fixed barrel and slide. I purchased mine a couple days ago and already have 1000 flawless rounds downrange. (.22lr is just so cheap to shoot!) The GSG1911 is made in Germany by German Sport Guns, and is light-years ahead of Chiappa's pseudo-1911 .22 pistol.

My plinker for a tough economy:
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

VIP Member
    I use a Kimber top half on my TRP and love it. You cannot go wrong with the GSG the quality of their products is great.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Conversion Units

I have used a Ceiner conversion unit on my full-sized 1911 for quite a few years now

I use it a lot with new shooters to get them used to the feel and function of the 1911 before burning up expensive .45 ammo.

It takes about 15 seconds to convert the .45 to a .22

Tack driver for sure. This unit likes hi-speed ammo.

My only gripe is that the magazine is configured so that the slide will not lock back after the last round.

I sometime use standard velocity in it so the shooter can practice Tap-Rack-fire exercises as they occur.

...Skye...

I have had my GSG 1911 for about 2 months now with at least 3000 rounds downrange,eats federal bulk ammo like a fat kid with a twinkie,I had a coupla issues with parts failures but got new parts quick and GSG is addressing the parts in question.for a gun on par with the Colt ACE 22 that is no longer made and everyone wants 1200 - 1500 for at low 300's is a great buy,and it will fit your fullsize 1911 holsters
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    This is the Hawa/Legacy Sports International M-1911-22 22 lr. It is built as a standard 1911 GI model. Aluminum alloy frame w/ walnut wood grip panels. SA, 5" Bbl., 10+1 rd. wt. 24 oz. Manual thumb and grip safety. The pistol has a street price of about $300.

This pistol is accurate. It is capable of .75 to 1.5 inch groups at 25.

If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Very many 1911 .22LR top ends/conversions.

I for years have run a Marvel Precision 'Unit 1' which is the most accurate of all such options as based on competition events won by shooters with one in hand...But is expen$ive!
    Mine is extremely accurate and all the Unit 1 models (they have others more basic that are half and less accurate) come with a demonstration document showing measured average group (five shot) accuracy with CCI standard velocity ammo as at FIFTY (50) yards (!)

Mine is .774 with three rounds kissing each other in a cloverleaf and two outliers parallel to each other at half an inch low center of the three.
    I run it on top of a Colt Defender lower with Wilson solid trigger and grip safety components.

As well for over 60 yrs. there have been full size complete 1911 rimfire guns sold at market and they generally are popular including the old Colt 'Ace'.

Kimber even sold for several years a 1911 conversion unit that was chambered to support .17 HMR and Mach2.
    The Kimber units though are spendy too as a full firearm while their conversion unit top ends can easily be found for ~$300, which is roughly the same price as what the new this spring GSG 1911 .22LR runs for a full gun.
    Folks seem to like the GSG 1911, especially at the M1911 and Glock forums.

http://www.marvelprecision.com
    http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/pistols/rimfire/

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I thought I read that this fall colt was coming out with a 1911 in .22LR.

Service Ace

I've always been interested in the classic Colt "Service Ace"...1911 in .22 Cal. Don't know much about it other than if you do a search on say, the Cabela's Gun library, it is pretty expensive. ( usu. +$2000) Here is a wikipedia link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Ace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links