S&W 1006 opinions

This is a discussion on S&W 1006 opinions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's much like my bobbed 4566, only mine has the decocker where the safety is. Is that black thumb control the decocker? The DA trigger ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 1006 opinions

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's much like my bobbed 4566, only mine has the decocker where the safety is. Is that black thumb control the decocker?

The DA trigger pull is a bit long but very smooth. Single action is a tad long but crisp. The one (sorta) issue with the 3rd gen S&Ws is the triggr play spring breaks/gets out of tension. It doesn't affect function, but causes an annoying "click" in SA mode. If it's out of tension, it can be bent back to stop the click.

I really enjoy shooting my 4566; it eats reloads with no problems. If the price is right, I say get it. Very reliable handguns built like a truck. You can always resell/trade it later
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's much like my bobbed 4566, only mine has the decocker where the safety is. Is that black thumb control the decocker?

The DA trigger pull is a bit long but very smooth. Single action is a tad long but crisp. The one (sorta) issue with the 3rd gen S&Ws is the triggr play spring breaks/gets out of tension. It doesn't affect function, but causes an annoying "click" in SA mode. If it's out of tension, it can be bent back to stop the click.

I really enjoy shooting my 4566; it eats reloads with no problems. If the price is right, I say get it. Very reliable handguns built like a truck. You can always resell/trade it later
    the gun and 3 mags for $600, what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

you got the Tactical 45 , I found one at a pawn shop for $370 ,I thinking in getting too

look at this beauty
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links