I really thought I was all done buying guns ....

This is a discussion on I really thought I was all done buying guns .... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; But does that ever really happen? I went to the range yesterday with about 125 rounds of 9mm, to begin putting my new Kahr PM9 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really thought I was all done buying guns ....

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar

I really thought I was all done buying guns ....

But does that ever really happen?

I went to the range yesterday with about 125 rounds of 9mm, to begin putting my new Kahr PM9 through it's paces. It was great: fired every time, never the first hint of any issue with the gun, and unfortunately it put a hole in the target exactly where it was aimed when the pin met the primer -- in other words, I have some work to do on handling a small handgun in my big Irish hands.

But then .... another very friendly gentleman, who was there shooting with his daughter (although it adds nothing to the story, she was a very attractive little blonde) got to watching me. He was shooting a few lanes down, and he noticed that every now and then I'd take a break from the Kahr 9 and shoot a few magazines through my SA GI.45 EMP -- I love that gun. So, we got to talking, and got along great -- he's retired Marine, I'm retired Air Force, and we just got along great.

And he asked me: "would you like to shoot a Kimber?" Well, gee, I don't know (trying to be coy and not showing how likely it is that I would jump all over that opportunity), I guess, yeah, I wouldn't mind shooting your perfect little Kimber.

Wow. What a nice handgun. First pull of the trigger, right in dead center. Subsequent 5 pulls, perfect. And it felt so .... NICE. So ..... guess I'm not finished with buying guns yet.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

2. Remove Ads

Its NEVER over...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Its NEVER over...
    I would have to agree, you will never be done buying guns. I see several I wouldn't mind owning myself.

It's always just one more....
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I expect I'll stop buying guns when the mortician gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    SA GI.45 EMP
    I could be wrong, but im 99% sure, you do not have a emp 45. They only make the SA EMP is 40 and 9. the 45 is called a micro, not then EMP. Just double checked their site.

The Indians bought me a Kimber because I won at Keno.
    Now I have two.

Every day that you draw a breath, one thing that you can predict with absolute certainty, "There is a new gun in my future."

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    You know you're right, I've been calling my micro-compact an EMP but it's really not, is it. It's exactly the same size as the EMP, but they call it a micro-compact, not an EMP.

But I still like to shoot it.

I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

its not like i spent hours and hours on the SA site . the emp is "enhanced micro pistol".... for more sales. I also think the EMP is closer to the loaded micro compact than the gi micro compact, in terms of upgrades

Senior Moderator
    I'll be finished buying guns when they scatter my ashes to the wind
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    You know you're right, I've been calling my micro-compact an EMP but it's really not, is it. It's exactly the same size as the EMP, but they call it a micro-compact, not an EMP.

But I still like to shoot it.

Actually it's not the same size....that's one thing that makes the EMP different. It was designed from the ground up around the 9mm cartridge...not the .45ACP...like basically every other 1911. So the grip is smaller...the magazines are smaller.
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

I also thought I was done!

I've stayed away from all the gun forums to help brake my addiction.

This is my first post in a few months and I'm happy to say I just fell off the wagon... again!
    Ordered a M&P 9c at my LGS today and ordered a SuperTuck to tote it around with!

I think It's useless to even try lol

OP what Kimber did you shoot the Ultra, Pro or full size?

If you can, why not?

Who hasn't seen their savings / investments tank in the past few years? Honest to God the worst thing I have ever done with my money is to put it away. Sounds perverse and stupid but it's the real truth. And is a house an investment? I bought mine in 2006 for a little under 300k, and it is now worth 30-40k less than what I paid for it. It's probable that I owe more on my house than it is worth and certainly more than it can be sold for. What a waste.

But every gun I've bought I still have. It doesn't disappear when stocks take a dive or the dollar falls. It isn't part of a capital bubble that 'pops'.

I'm a computer programmer and every few years I have to buy a computer knowing it will last but a few short years. I buy a car every five to six years. I keep buying these things and they keep wearing out and becoming worthless. But, I buy a gun and it will last my lifetime and it will still be around to be a blessing to my kids or whoever gets it when I die. Talk about a long lasting investment.

I'm not saying that a gun is the best investment in the world; far from it. Nor would I ever buy a gun for the purpose of reselling for profit. But what I'm saying is for things that can be bought and sold, a gun is as good as it gets. On top of all this it protects hearth and home and is a symbol of free people. It's a hedge fund against tyranny and provides a good time for everyone.

My .02. May your stable grow by leaps and bounds.

+1 to Lance22
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I may slow down once in a while, but I'm still thinking about the next purchase...if I could just stay OUT of the gun shop.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links