Closed Gun Range to reopen

This is a discussion on Closed Gun Range to reopen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I used to shoot at the Valley Metro gun range in Edinburg Tx,It's an indoor range with 8 lanes 50 yards long with Action Target ...

Thread: Closed Gun Range to reopen

I used to shoot at the Valley Metro gun range in Edinburg Tx,It's an indoor range with 8 lanes 50 yards long with Action Target equipment installed,due to the ammo shortage and a few other things the range was closed 2 years ago,but myself and another guy were still allowed to shoot there anytime we wanted.
    The target carrier system has encountered several problems when they were open and even while I was shooting after the range closed,when you only have 3 or 4 lanes working,It's hard to make money,and people won't wait an hour or two to shoot.
    For about the last week I have been working on the shooting lanes and troubleshooting problems and solutions.Today I was talking to the owner and he informed me that he is willing to sink up to $100,000.00 in to getting the range up and running again with finding the right person to run it.I told him I could help part time,just to keep the system up and running.This is a really nice range when it's running 100%,and I'm glad the owner decided to get it going again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good news! My wife and I were thinking of starting an indoor range here too. There's lots of CCW holders in our county and none of them have any place to shoot. We've been looking into what it would take. Nice to see yours open!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Wow that's awesome! Sounds like opportunity is knocking on your door...

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    What are you thinking?! You have a private range, and now you're going to have to share! lol. But congrats on hopefully getting the place up and running. If it was closer to Houston, I'd run it! But I can't see myself living that close to the border.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I wish I had an indoor (heck, even and outdoor) range here in town. There is one about 50 miles north of me but it is quiet expensive. Nad for obvious reasons I understand.

I checked into a opening a small range here and was blocked by the anti-gun crowd as well as insurance, codes and a multitude of other excuses.

90% of the people in Berea Kentucky can be sumed up by the female in THIS video.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Good luck to you in the new endevour. I wish I had a decent indoor range here. The only one is crap--no ventilation at all, cases lying everywhere, trash piled up, can only use ammo purchased there, etc. If I had the bucks, I'd consider opening one myself.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

GM
    That sounds very good. Good luck!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links