Cousin Convinced .... CCH ?

This is a discussion on Cousin Convinced .... CCH ? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had to laugh a bit today. Several of my cousins and I hardly ever get to see each other except for funerals, etc. now. ...

Thread: Cousin Convinced .... CCH ?

Cousin Convinced .... CCH ?

I had to laugh a bit today. Several of my cousins and I hardly ever get to see each other except for funerals, etc. now. So, we had a get together today between some of us. 5 of us were outside talking.... and were talking guns a bit. One of my cousins asked the 4 of us,

"This may sound foolish but, have any of you considered getting a CC license for protection " . He was obviously really wrestling with this decision.

All 4 of us answered .... and discoverd all 4 of us having our licenses and were carrying.
    He asked a lot of questions on why, good / bad, a lot of things about the laws, carrying, etc...... and at the end of the conversation very adamantly said ..... "You've confirmed what I've been thinking... THAT'S IT... I'm getting my license now".

So, I think we added a new one to the list today.

Our next get together may be at the farm , where we can do some shooting.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    so all of you were carrying and didn't know it? That's pretty funny. Glad you could convert another person today!!

I've found myself start to look for other CCers lately. One of the biggest give-aways is a knife clipped to a pocket. Once I notice that then I start looking really hard to see if they are printing. I'm surprised you guys didn't notice each other

set off a firecracker,you can find out whos carrying pretty quick
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Soon the local dirtbags will figure out to leave that Eagleks Clan alone...enjoy shooting down on the farm.
    It's a nice surprise to see family members with the same thought process about SD/HD. No one else in my family has a CCW permit.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There are a couple of interesting quotes here, and I'd like to discuss them with you:

so all of you were carrying and didn't know it? That's pretty funny.
    Yes, it's kinda funny, and it's also a demonstration of good sense and outstanding character. It means two very important things: 1. Everybody was concealing perfectly and, 2. Nobody was bragging, showing off, saying "Look! I got a gun!"

From time to time here and at other gun boards, we read about a family dispute that erupts over CCH because Mr Show Off just couldn't keep it in his pants but had to let everybody and their brother see that he was carrying. Somebody had a problem with it, and now there's a family dispute. Members of this board then weigh in with sage advice like, "Never visit them again - they are a bunch of antis - they are dead to you, now" etc. There is no upside to producing your weapon as a conversation starter in mixed company.

However, if a family member is curious and asking questions, well, there's your intro and permission. So this story strikes me as being a very good one for all the right reasons and hope it serves as an example of how things should go.

One of the biggest give-aways is a knife clipped to a pocket.
    In that other thread about "tip up or tip down" I ranted on the subject of knife clips, but I forgot to mention that a knife clip is very distinctive, and if visible will be recognized by others who know what they look like. There are pros and cons to that, but many more cons.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

GM
    It sounds good!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Hmm funny. All four of you carrying and he didn't know it. I guess he was a bit surprised.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I've found myself start to look for other CCers lately. One of the biggest give-aways is a knife clipped to a pocket.
    Must be a local thing. It doesn't mean a thing here.
    Here in redneckville, practically EVERYONE has a knife on their pocket. (Seems like at least 98% of men and probably half of the women carry knives) and while most of them do have guns at home, the fact that they're carrying a knife doesn't automatically lead me to believe that they are also carrying a gun.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

None of us knew any of the others were carrying. My cousin said to me , " where in the ... are you hiding it " .... and I just tapped where it was, didn't display it. No one could tell even when we were then trying to tell where they were.

The cousin who decided he was going to get one, is a good guy and had all of the "right" reasons for wanting it... mainly being able to protect his family. He was really ready for us to tell him all the reasons it was stupid, dumb, and how he shouldn't do it. So, he was surprised to find and hear the opposite for some reason..... no clue why. He later said, I just "expect everyone" to react negatively to it... by everyone ... he meant everyone, not family.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links