My 21st Birthday.

My 21st Birthday.

This is a discussion on My 21st Birthday. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My 21st birthday was this last Saturday. Had my roommate drive me to Cabelas, since my car is getting fixed from a smash and grab. ...

My 21st Birthday.

My 21st birthday was this last Saturday. Had my roommate drive me to Cabelas, since my car is getting fixed from a smash and grab. Pretty much had my mind made up on a USP for a few years, but I checked out a few other guns while I was there. Wisconsin has a 2 day waiting period on handguns, so this is what I picked up today.

My roommate picked up a Mosin-Nagant for $100. One of my other friends who went along also was going to pick up one, but was from Illinois, and he didn't know he needed a firearms permit, even if he was buying it in Wisconsin.

I also picked up a Stack-On 8 gun security cabinet to store my new USP and my roommates rifle in.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Congrats on your first new pistola!
    And...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats, hope it doesn't FTE on you. I had a USP compact once that was bad to stove pipe. Looks good tho.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Congrats on the new toy. I hope you enjoy. Oh and Happy Birthday.

Congrats on your new HK!! [and happy birthday!] I'm sure you'll love it. HK's are legendary in their reliability and function, I've got an HK USP compact with about 1200-1400 flawless rounds through it I use for my EDC. Enjoy!

My setup.

Nice! I also went out on my 21st right after work and bought my S&W M&P .40c.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

GM
    Congrats on the USP and Happy Birthday
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats and Happy Birthday. On my 21st I went and tried a few then about 2 weeks later I picked up my M&P 40

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Cant wait to go try it out this weekend. Im Gonna see if I can bring it up to my grandpas land. If not I have a membership to the local gun range. I bought some snap caps so I can practice some ftfs with it. Came in a package of 5 for $15. Who would have thought an empty bullet would cost 12 times as much as a real round.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

That is an excellent first handgun. Mine was a Glock 23. That USP should serve you well for many years with proper maintenance. Congrats and Happy Birthday.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Congrats!!!! That's my plan for my 21st as well. I plan on answering the question: "This isnt the way to the bar... where are we going?" with "To the range."
    If you think you'll lose, you're lost
    For out in the world you'll find
    Success begins with a fellow's will
    It's all in the state of mind.

I took my new gun out to my grandpas land Saturday morning and put 150 rounds through it at about 25 yards. I have never shot a pistol before (everyone I know collects rifles). Absolutely no problems with it. I let my mom and my grandpa try it out too. My mom loved it and wants one for Christmas (might have to find her something a little cheaper). My grandpa is a retired police officer and shot better one handed than I did 2 handed . I guess I need to buy some more ammo and get some more practice.

My roommate brought his Mosin Nagant with. His gun shoots surprisingly good for being from WW2. He shot the first 20 rounds at around 75 yards. Moved it out to around 110 yards and took 4 shots prone with open sights. He had a 3 inch group about 2 inches high and to the left.

Links