Where do you buy targets?

This is a discussion on Where do you buy targets? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Instead of paying 25 cents per target when I go to the range I've decided maybe it makes a bit more sense to buy my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy targets?

Instead of paying 25 cents per target when I go to the range I've decided maybe it makes a bit more sense to buy my own and take them in. Where do you folks generally buy them from? I'm looking for standard silhouette and slow fire pistol and rifle targets.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I've bought plenty from my local indoor range when we go. I've stocked up on the special targets. Thing is....when we go to the range....we use a lot of 9" paper plates....once eaten off, and the dogs have licked them clean. I also have so many used Pizza Hut box tops, it's almost pathetic. I'll give them away to customers or at the range. You'd be surprised at what you can do with an old CD and a magic marker for a target. Been a couple of years since I've actually "bought" a target for the range days. Live outside the box.

Administrator
    http://www.letargets.com/

Everything target related. Hostage Targets - Terrorist Targs General BG Targets - They even have ZOMBIE targets.

Why buy? I'm sure you have plenty of targets around the house.....you just might not know it yet.

If you buy bottled water by the 20 or 24 pack, it usually comes in a cardboard tray with plastic wrap over it. Keep the cardboard tray and use as a target. They are about 12" x 18" or so. Don't have the measurements with me right now, they vary depending on brand, etc.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    If you buy bottled water by the 20 or 24 pack, it usually comes in a cardboard tray with plastic wrap over it. Keep the cardboard tray and use as a target. They are about 12" x 18" or so. Don't have the measurements with me right now, they vary depending on brand, etc.
    Those are good targets as well. I save those mostly for sifting brass. Again....you have more targets sitting around the house than you know. Recycling good!

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I thought I was the only one. At least that's what my friends and family tell me. I do the paper plates too. Though only when going out in the woods to shoot.

At the indoor range I just get one life size silhouette and shoot the fool out of it.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I thought I was the only one. At least that's what my friends and family tell me. I do the paper plates too. Though only when going out in the woods to shoot.

At the indoor range I just get one life size silhouette and shoot the fool out of it.
    Oh no! The 9" paper plates are excellent for the draw and practice at the outdoor or indoor range! Just the right size (use the backside once you've eaten off of them). Heck.....the CC qualification targets provided are 12"x12" here. You shoot a 9" paper plate at 10yds, and you're really practicing IMO. No 'shoot-n-c' target necessary. 9" paper plates are the best IMO. I can staple up five of them on our club's backstops easily. Less trips downrange to change targets! Cheap? You bet! And very effective results!

Distinguished Member
    I've started to use ez2ctargets.com. They aren't the standard bullseye and silhouette targets as I think some of those designs are licensed but they are good enough for practice they work well. They cost 18 cents target if you by the minimum (2 pads/80 targets @ $7.50/pad) but have discounts for quantity.

Ditto on the paper plates!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I just use the blue colored Transition II targets and I always buy them at a different shooting range. The outdoor range I go to only provide bullseye and smaller silhouette targets (great to use every now and then but I want a realistic size silhouette target for use and 25 yds.) but they do allow me to bring my own targets.

I use paper plates but I use new ones 'cause I'm classier, he he.

I'm an automotive parts manager therefore I skin a lot of parts from their boxes and eureka cardboard in just about any size you want. Two sides of the oil filter boxes are chest sized, so I be sure to save those.

My dad, God rest his soul, would gather up old campaign signs, yeah he was kinda strange.

I've been know to troll the clearnce isle at Wal-mart for marked down targets.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I use paper plates but I use new ones 'cause I'm classier, he he.

I'm an automotive parts manager therefore I skin a lot of parts from their boxes and eureka cardboard in just about any size you want. Two sides of the oil filter boxes are chest sized, so I be sure to save those.

My dad, God rest his soul, would gather up old campaign signs, yeah he was kinda strange.

I've been know to troll the clearnce isle at Wal-mart for marked down targets.
    Nothing wrong with old campaign signs IMO. Done it myself especially after the last presidential election. Hey....call it cleaning up the neighborhood! After six months out in the yard...they aint doing much good anyway. You see? The next range target is readily available, within reach....and most likely free for the asking. Just like range practice.....make of it what you will! Word of caution on using previously used paper plates..........spaghetti has a tendency to bleed through...not that it's a bad thing....just that you'll usually want a clean slate to shoot at.
    joker1..........God bless your dad.

Since I am a PC tech, I replace bad hard drives all the time. The data is sensitive and needs to be destroyed, so I use the hard drives as targets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links