Defensive Carry banner

Interesting talk with an anti last night

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Guantes 
#1 ·
I went to the local wally world last night to see if they had any plinking ammo for my 45's and suprisingly they had 8 boxes of the 100rd WWB for 32.47+tax (i now have 800 rounds of 45 plink ammo) but off topic as i was buying the ammo the wallmart gun counter clerk asked me why i needed all this i said well i use it at the range since its alot cheaper than what they normally sell. His response was i wish they would just take all of the guns away and no one would be shot again.... It kind of suprised me being he is at work and saying this to me but i respond well sir if they did that do you honestly belive that all of the criminals would turn theres in? He hesitated and said we would make them.. So i asked how he proposed we would force all of the criminals to hand over there stolen black market weapons? He had no respone so i continued by saying theres really no way to stop crimanls from getting what they want so if the gov were to take all of the legally owned firearms away the only ones with them would be the BG's and the innocents and normal people would have no way to defend them selves there wives children etc... At this point i actaully made him hesitate and think so we began to discuss different firearms and so forth I think he might be thinking of converting. Just thought i would share.

#3 ·
Thanks the way i look at it is even though its only one persons mind were changing they can then possible change more so on and so forth not sure why someone who doesnt like guns was workin in that section though

#4 ·
Sporting goods section has a lot more than guns. He just got placed in sporting goods apparently. Well, maybe you've converted him. At least, even if not, next time he won't ask the next person the same question.

#5 ·
His response was i wish they would just take all of the guns away and no one would be shot again.
I, too, wish it were possible to target all weaponry held by criminals. Wouldn't that be great! All of a sudden, the ones unarmed would be the criminals. Of course, that would last for about an hour and a half, after which time any criminal worth his salt would be armed to the teeth again. To say nothing of well-connected criminals, such as those in well-funded gangs or cartels. It's not as though small arms are tough to come by, in such groups. Hell, you can buy a gun in any city in the country just for the asking. And you're correct in saying that criminals aren't stupid enough to turn in their weapons. What's hard to believe is that there are so many people around the country who believe they would, en masse, or because Johnny Law told 'em to.

He hesitated and said we would make them.. So i asked how he proposed we would force all of the criminals to hand over there stolen black market weapons? He had no respone
How would ALL criminals even be found, let alone forced to divulge the location of any weapons they had withheld so far? Not possible, since not all criminals are on the radar.

so i continued by saying theres really no way to stop crimanls from getting what they want so if the gov were to take all of the legally owned firearms away the only ones with them would be the BG's and the innocents and normal people would have no way to defend them selves there wives children etc... At this point i actaully made him hesitate and think ...
I doubt he thought very deeply. It's astounding how shallow the argument is, yet so many people buy it sight-unseen, as if it were some sort of magic pill to be taken by every criminal simply because people want it to be so. Ain't that easy, in practice. You've got to take the weapons from those who won't give them, but you've got to find them first. AND, after all of that, you've then got to preclude them from acquiring replacement arms. Can't happen, so long as firearms exist on the planet to be purchased and/or the knowledge of making firearms exists.

Hopefully he was thinking at least a little bit. Perhaps with a few more discussions of some depth, he'll come to realize how shaky and shallow the wishful thinking really is.

#6 ·
Gave that clerk a healthy dose of common sense and reality. Good job!

#8 ·
That was going to be my next point..about the brutal killing in europe where yes instead of being shot you are stabbed or beaten to death either by hand or weapon. Humans by nature will make/find a tool to make what they wish to accomplish easier rather it be a hammer to drive nails or a handgun these are all tools created by humans for purpose so take firearms away and youll end up with wooden clubs and rocks will see how primative everyone really is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.