Just got the Kahr P380. problems...

This is a discussion on Just got the Kahr P380. problems... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Great reply ccw9mm. Thanks! That explains the tight tolerances and the accuracy! Now I know why my ar is like that to...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just got the Kahr P380. problems...

Great reply ccw9mm. Thanks! That explains the tight tolerances and the accuracy! Now I know why my ar is like that to

2. Remove Ads

Kahr's are picky, mine needed the 200 round break in period, and doesn't like el cheapo ammo...to include Wolf, PMC, Prvi Partizan and American Eagle....anthing like CCI Blazer, Speer Lawman, Speer GoldDot, WWB and Hornady is all good. Plus buy OEM mags, nothing generic...mine runs super great the last 700 rounds.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

I'm very curious how it'll run now that my hands are full of callouses from pulling the slide all day LOL

My MK9 was tight, still is for the most part. Never had issues, but it gets cleaned a lubed every outing.
    I'm your Huckleberry.

hopefully I don't get any lint on this thing, it might jam it lol

Just need to run more rounds through it. When I say mine was tight, it was really tight. To the point where the slide did not want to rack back far enough to eject a round by hand. It ran fine, but could not be cycled by hand till I had run a couple hundred through it. It has now smoothed out nicely.
    I'm your Huckleberry.

No not the dryer lint!!!! Once smoothed out it takes more than lint to stop it. When I go to the range I'll unholster and see some fuzz here and there but it's not caused an issues yet.

PS: Please check for limp wristing when you get a failure. There's not much to hang onto and yo gotta squeeze it tight.

PSS: Thanks for setting me straight Sixto, new better I did but fingers were flying.
    Last edited by OldLincoln; October 3rd, 2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Removed innuendo / PS & PSS

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Good advises . Kahr's are awesome firearms, but they are a little different. The most common reason for malfunctions is that new owners do not do what the owners manual says. Furthermore, you should clean and lubricate any new firearm before using it.
    Wow, this is the same deal with the Taurus 709. Follow the manual's instructions and it works just fine.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    Kahr's are picky, mine needed the 200 round break in period, and doesn't like el cheapo ammo...to include Wolf, PMC, Prvi Partizan and American Eagle....anthing like CCI Blazer, Speer Lawman, Speer GoldDot, WWB and Hornady is all good. Plus buy OEM mags, nothing generic...mine runs super great the last 700 rounds.
    I do not think that Karh’s are so picky; a 200 rounds break-in period is nothing strange nowadays. I own a MK9 Elite and I also shoot a PM9 very often; the range ammo is only Federal American Eagle and the SD ammo is Coborn. The MK9 and the PM9 love them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    The most common reason for malfunctions is that new owners do not do what the owners manual says.
    The most common reason for a nose-down jam of a round from slingshotting the slide is that new owners do not do what the owners' guide says, yes. That's one issue only, clearly identified in the manual as something plaguing the design and requiring a procedure to sidestep.

But there are a host of garden-variety FTF, FRB and FTE issues that have nothing to do with that one minor little caveat which plague many micro Kahr owners' attempts to get the little pistols running. BTDT twice on the "baby" Kahrs, and I'm about to go through it a third time in the hopes it'll quickly clear up this time. If not, they're toast and sold, good looks a strong build be damned. Fingers crossed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

wow, so I opened her up and all the cycling I've been doing today, there are metal shavings all inside the pistol. That must be a good thing I guess, things are starting to 'fit' themselves...

I'm gonna get some brake or electrical cleaner tomorrow and clean the hell out of this thing again and then oil it up I guess...

looks like few cycles of 'dry cycling' and cleaning/oiling will get things 'go' in place, then I'll put 100-200 more rounds through it and it should be all well I hope

Had the same problems with mine. Sent it back to Kahr, they replaced the slide, barrel, and spring (basically the whole gun except for the polymer frame?), it has been working flawlessly ever since. Send it back. Sucks it has to be that way but it should be 100% better when you get it back from Kahr.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Quote Originally Posted by claybreaker0 View Post
    Had the same problems with mine. Sent it back to Kahr, they replaced the slide, barrel, and spring (basically the whole gun except for the polymer frame?), it has been working flawlessly ever since. Send it back. Sucks it has to be that way but it should be 100% better when you get it back from Kahr.
    I'm going to 'service' it with the 200 rounds and lots of slide racking/dry cycling. if I'm still having issues, I'll contact them, and send it back... Hopefully I can hit the range again this week so I can put another 50-100 rounds through it

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post

I'm gonna get some brake or electrical cleaner tomorrow and clean the hell out of this thing again and then oil it up I guess...
    Don't do that! Brake cleaner can do a lot of damage to poly. Just get a can of gun cleaner. It costs no more money and its made for that purpose.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I use electrical cleaner, it's actually much cheaper, and electric cleaners are safe on 'plastics' since wires are usually covered by them lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links