Being into guns screwed me

This is a discussion on Being into guns screwed me within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As Steve Martin once said in a skit (Wild and Crazy Guys)... Just walk up to her and say three times, "I break with thee, ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Being into guns screwed me

As Steve Martin once said in a skit (Wild and Crazy Guys)... Just walk up to her and say three times, "I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee...." Then you throw dog poop on her shoes.

Then you go down to the singles bar and look for girl with dog poop on their shoes...and hopefully a CCW permit!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

From the picture it looks like the brunette with the great smile is the one winking and blinking at you, does she like cops ? maybe next time just let her talk, leave all the gun conversation for when your eating breakfast. Don't let it get ya down consintrate on the police academy the right woman wont be a problem. Good luck with them both
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

A very nice looking young woman. Respecting her for her views is important, you were honest but so was she. I can't help but believe her making that decision was as painful for her as you receiving it.

I've read and believe that men generally want their woman as they found them, while women want their man for what he can become (with their guidance of course). Had she not been honest with you but held onto her feelings about guns (or is it violence itself?), it would carry over into a serious issue as the wife of a cop. The whole thing about coming home at the end of the day is real, especially if one in your unit doesn't and she had to witnesses the agony.

So allow her to be wonderful in your mind and wish her well, and in time you will find the one meant for you.

Here you go. Excellent advice...free of charge!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I don't think it was the guns or the cop thing, based on what you have said and done, it was your timing and delivery of both topics. You should have got a better feeling for her mindset and slowly introduced your own. In the big picture, guns end up being a small part of life, no matter how much into them you are. Talking guns in a new relationship is like talking religion or politics when the other persons views are unknown. You might hit a home run, or you are going to crash and burn; you must do your homework first!

The cop thing... well, others are right; Not many women have what it takes to be a cops wife. But, on the other side, nobody really knows or understands what that really means until they get there. Some will thrive when they thought not, and others flounder when they were thought to be strong enough. It might of been the fact that you are not a cop yet, its tough to get hired, and she might of taken it as a school boy fantasy "I want to be a policeman when I grow up." Maybe she is looking for somebody already established. You would have known that if you had better timing.

Posting her picture on the Internet probably doesn't help your case either. You have to be smoother and smarter than that if you want to keep a girl who has plenty of options on your arm.

Thats enough of Sixto's tutorial on how to pick up and keep hot chicks.

Work on your timing and delivery, then get back in the batters box and take another swing.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    A very nice looking young woman. Respecting her for her views is important, you were honest but so was she. I can't help but believe her making that decision was as painful for her as you receiving it.

I've read and believe that men generally want their woman as they found them, while women want their man for what he can become (with their guidance of course). Had she not been honest with you but held onto her feelings about guns (or is it violence itself?), it would carry over into a serious issue as the wife of a cop. The whole thing about coming home at the end of the day is real, especially if one in your unit doesn't and she had to witnesses the agony.

So allow her to be wonderful in your mind and wish her well, and in time you will find the one meant for you.
    Well said, Sir! Thank you for articulating a reasonable and very nice response.

A man marries a woman hoping she never changes and a woman marries a man hoping that he will. Ironically, the men typically don't change and the women do. It's natures way of keeping us on our toes.

FWIW, I don't think she's all that hot. Marry a good person that makes you laugh and can cook and you'll be happy for a lifetime. Fortunately, I married a lady that's all that AND she's smoking red hot. Like I remind her when she's getting on me about something, "Hey, I married up...you, not so much. You should have chosen better."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    My free advice for the day is this, don't be in a hurry to hook up permanently.

I stayed single until I was 42 (insert high five here) until I met up with what what turned out to be Mrs. GB.

I had a career, traveled the world, and dated some really wonderful girls during that first 42.

I could have been married many times over, but just never met Miss Right until Mrs. GB.

Slow down.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I knew I married Mrs. Right....I just didn't realize her middle name was ALWAYS.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I knew I married Mrs. Right....I just didn't realize her middle name was ALWAYS.
    I think you have to be married to realize how funny that is.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I think you have to be married to realize how funny that is.
    And the congregation said...AMEN
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member
    Mr. Always Right.

OK I am totally ripping that off today with the husband during our car trip. In fact I think it will be my new cocktail party joke.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "guns and that stuff"? Find a grownup. You'll be better off for it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

LOL, I'd pick firearms over any of them three any day.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "guns and that stuff"? Find a grownup. You'll be better off for it.
    And be sure to wear your Thundercats t-shirt on the first date. Chicks dig Thundercats!

(Yes, I'm 36 and still like headed to the toy isle of Walmart and youtubing Thundercats makes me smile) :)

Quote Originally Posted by EB31 View Post
    And be sure to wear your Thundercats t-shirt on the first date. Chicks dig Thundercats!

(Yes, I'm 36 and still like headed to the toy isle of Walmart and youtubing Thundercats makes me smile) :)
    Figured you would be more it He-man.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links