Being into guns screwed me - Page 7

Being into guns screwed me

This is a discussion on Being into guns screwed me within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, she's cute, but looks are far from everything...and they'll fade. Most important thing I've found is that you like yourself when you're with someone...if ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    cj
    Well, she's cute, but looks are far from everything...and they'll fade. Most important thing I've found is that you like yourself when you're with someone...if you don't have that, you'll never be happy. Showing off a firearm might have been a little extreme...perhaps letting someone get to know you as a stable, reliable person (assuming you are) first might make them more comfortable and ease them into acceptance.

I managed to find a keeper in the middle of one of the largest anti-gun regions in the country, and although she's never been into guns (although she has made off with a few of my knives), she's even asking me what it takes to get a CCW.

Be careful how you post peoples pics online. You sound a little weird bro. That's why she dumped you....maybe.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Someone who won't stick with you in spite of differing interests isn't worth the effort IMO. Maybe her two friends have better dispositions.
    Exactly. I know it can't be easy, but you've got to find someone compatible. That means in each and every way. Florida? I think there are plenty of decent girls that will fit you.

Well, she's cute, but looks are far from everything...and they'll fade. Most important thing I've found is that you like yourself when you're with someone...if you don't have that, you'll never be happy. Showing off a firearm might have been a little extreme...perhaps letting someone get to know you as a stable, reliable person (assuming you are) first might make them more comfortable and ease them into acceptance.

I managed to find a keeper in the middle of one of the largest anti-gun regions in the country, and although she's never been into guns (although she has made off with a few of my knives), she's even asking me what it takes to get a CCW.
    LOL! That's saying something. Keep your eye on the prize for whatever it's worth. Sometimes looks aint what they seem. To be complete, you need someone who completes you or that you're willing to complete. Nothing like it in this world. So few seek, but never find. Being narrow minded will always hold you back. The perfect match is out there for each and every one of us. More often times than not......we'll stumble across it when we least expect it. The only way this happens is when we are open and not demanding specifics. Lots of things can cloud our minds. I'm hoping you have a soul mate by Thanksgiving. Matter of fact......I'm putting forth my best intentions for you in that respect. The holidays are the best times of the year to have and to hold someone near and dear to you. My guess is that you're on a time limit now. Not to worry, it will hit you soon. I believe it. You just need to believe it yourself and it's done.

Been dating this girl now, and I won't say she's into guns, but she doesn't mind me carrying at all, and as a matter of fact she wants to get her CCW now and its not 'if' she gets a gun, but 'when' she also has her BA from UCF in Criminal Justice lol. I'd put a pic up, but this time I won't.

Let's see how this one works out. I took her shooting and she's actually a REAL good shot. takes too long on the trigger, but hits where she aims for now, so she got the feel of trigger down. :D

Gonna get her a pocket .380 or a subcompact .380 or 9mm :D She shot great with my fullsize MP9. She got slide bit by my Kahr P380 though :D

look at me all excited, talking about her shooting skills LOL

Did I mention she's one ******* cook too!?

I never thought of that... don't know if I'ld say right now it's good or bad, but I was dating my Ex's cousin first. We got along great, just not any "fire" in it other than friends though and we both realized it wouldn't go any further. Some of our interests were different as well. She called me later and asked if I wanted to meet her cousin, and we hit it off right from the start and I ended up marrying her...... however, I also fired for divorce 27 yrs later, but hey... it happens.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Try not to be so into hippy chicks IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Don't worry about. Wait until you see who you are going to be working with.
    In case they don't warn you in orientation, there is a subtype in our species known as "holster sniffers" or having "(uniform color) shirt fever". These are the ones that have a thing for cops. They want that pay and benefits package. Some of them know exactly how long they have to be married to you before they can get half of your pension in a divorce action. These are frequently found working in dispatch centers or working in other civillian positions in police departments. For some their job with the department is nothing more than a way to get access to cops. Once they land their officer they are ready to resign and let you work your regular shift, plus overtime, plus a part time job or two.
    If you suspect your latest dating prospect might be one of these, in casual conversation let it slip that you are only doing this until the economy turns around and that you really want to work in the county/city human resources office but with the hiring freeze the only job you could get was as a cop. If they suddenly don't have time for you after that, you have found one.
    True, but there are some honest to goodness girls out there who date cops for other reasons. Me personally, I've always seemed to date guys who are cops because I want to be with someone I can actually talk guns and tactics with. I'm the girl who will sit there for hours and discus the best room clearing tactics with them. So there are girls out there… when I meet a guy that’s the one of my first comments is something about guns to make sure they actually have shot a gun before… I know it seems sad, but you’d be surprised how many pansy-men there are out there!!
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    Be careful how you post peoples pics online. You sound a little weird bro. That's why she dumped you....maybe.
    At least he didn’t post it on 4 chan. It almost sounds like a /b/ post material. or did he?

Well I just wonder what she would think about guns if she was at the gas pump and one of them thugs wanted her car and money?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    edit: oops, I think I put this in the wrong section LOL

Because I just started dating this girl I realllyyyyy liked, and she said today that she does not like 'guns and that stuff'

It was going so well until I told her about how I'm going to the police academy, how I always carry a pistol and stuff... she was ok with it the whole night too and we even kissed at the end of the night.

Then the next day she pretty much says we have diff lives and she doesn't like that I'm ito that stuff

what a miss UGHHHH, i'm so sad, she def coulda been the one, she had everything I wanted. we've known each other for like 4-5 months
    Let me share something with you that I've learned over the years. Your gun passion had absolutely nothing to do with you getting the "second day cold shoulder." Nothing.

The way it works is like this:

1. If a woman isn't into you, she'll toss out any excuse. You just happened to give her a convenient one that she jumped on.

2. If a woman is into you, she'll chop her own legs off at the knees and crawl to your front door on the bloody stumps if that's what it takes.

So don't worry about it and don't be thinking what your thread title implies; that being into guns "screwed" you. It didn't.

Most women are too "nice" and they don't want to reject you outright, so they toss out something like the above. If it hadn't been that, it would have been:

"You're a Leo and I'm a Virgo. That'll never work out."

"Your truck has a V8 engine and I want to single-handedly save the environment."

"You're three years and three months older than me. If you were only three years and two months older, that would be different."

You get the idea.

So don't worry about it. You are who you are and you like guns. We can all relate.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    everything was perfect except the gun thing. good personality too.

I thought about it, and I realized that being a gun owner/carrier is pretty much a lifestyle for me. I don't ever think of myself in the future not carrying a gun, just part of me. Made me realize that today...

Oh well, move on to the next one =/
    She couldn't be the one because she's an anti. There are plenty that have no problem with it. In fact, get one that carries !

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Let me share something with you that I've learned over the years. Your gun passion had absolutely nothing to do with you getting the "second day cold shoulder." Nothing.

The way it works is like this:

1. If a woman isn't into you, she'll toss out any excuse. You just happened to give her a convenient one that she jumped on.

2. If a woman is into you, she'll chop her own legs off at the knees and crawl to your front door on the bloody stumps if that's what it takes.

So don't worry about it and don't be thinking what your thread title implies; that being into guns "screwed" you. It didn't.

Most women are too "nice" and they don't want to reject you outright, so they toss out something like the above. If it hadn't been that, it would have been:

"You're a Leo and I'm a Virgo. That'll never work out."

"Your truck has a V8 engine and I want to single-handedly save the environment."

"You're three years and three months older than me. If you were only three years and two months older, that would be different."

You get the idea.

So don't worry about it. You are who you are and you like guns. We can all relate.
    My God. Another man on a gun forum that "gets it".

To the OP, there are a metric ton of gorgeous, wonderful women out there who like guns and shooting. I've coached several attractive young ladies in 3-position shooting, and my best buddy is a beautiful young lady with supermodel looks who carries a Walther PPS and a Krinkov. She's currently building a custom AR carbine as well.

There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Tell us more about 3-position shooting.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links