Wife not sure, .32 vs .380

This is a discussion on Wife not sure, .32 vs .380 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by taseal for my girl, the .380 had too much kick, I could tell she didn't like it at all... I think for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife not sure, .32 vs .380

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    for my girl, the .380 had too much kick, I could tell she didn't like it at all... I think for someone like her that always carries a purse with her, a sub compact 9mm would do the trick, perhaps a MP9c or G26. or maybe a bigger .380 with a longer barrel and bit more weight to it, she doesn't needa pocket size pistol.
    Option - Adding a Pachmayer #4 slip-on grip to a LCP will cut the sting by 90% in my experience. You DO have to notch out for the mag release.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the replies...i think she is going with the .380 lcp. I shared everything I could, and frankly as I may have said, I just like the snub (as I think she will end up purse carry, and I just like snubs if you are going to purse carry because many carry purses allow you to grip the pistol covered by the purse, and a revolver would have no problem if a shot was fired while still in the purse).

Enough run-ons sentances. :)

Anyway....she told me today that she is tired of thinking about it, winner LCP. I think paint on the sight is going to be my only after thought. In addition, will suggest alternating HP / FMJ.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I think I'm going to get mine the LCP as well... they are good reliable pistols that will do the job at close distance.

maybe get her a MP9 or something to put in her night table too.

However you can't beat the simplicity of a .380 snub nose for a female, no racking the slide, will not jam 99% of the time, has a decent punch to it, and if she can't finish the job in 5 rounds, shes in for some serious stuff to begin with. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CraigStill View Post
    Option - Adding a Pachmayer #4 slip-on grip to a LCP will cut the sting by 90% in my experience. You DO have to notch out for the mag release.
    I'll look into that, but I'll be adding CT laser on this thing for fast close range target acquistion, so I'm not sure how those grips will work

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I'll look into that, but I'll be adding CT laser on this thing for fast close range target acquistion, so I'm not sure how those grips will work
    If that is the case, skip the grip. I got rid of my laser because it affected how I handled the LCP with the grip. And, the grip has to be modified, again, to account for the laser actuation switch. The laser make a lot of difference to new LCP owners however after you get acustomed to the pistol, your shootability (what a word) increases.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I would avoid the North American Guardian. That pistol has never impressed me at all.

A Seecamp .32 would be a much better choice for a .32 ACP pistol.

My wife was just rewarded another $200 gift card at work, that is $400 total, so soon call to Cabela's and she has earned a paid by bonus LCP.
    NRA Member

Tomorrow, she even took the day off, plans on driving me to work so she can pick me up after work to drive to the store (it is about an hour away). Also looks like a meal at longhorns after. It is all her, and I have to admit, I like that it is not a gun I would buy, but she has such an interest.

Now if I can only figure out a way to get her into hunting. I think I'm more likely to get her into shotgun related target sporting.
    NRA Member

Three months ago, I would have not recommended a .32.
    But recently, I bought a Seecamp in .32. What a cool firearm. Tiny. All polished stainless. D/A.
    A woman would probably love one.

They also make an identical .380, but I hear it is painful to shoot, and the price hovers around $900.
    I might get one some day, but only if I wear out the .32.

The deed is done. Friday purchase (along with a good amount of ammo of various make). Today, range time. Total shots fired 137, flawless. Hurt her palm / wrist a bit from all the shooting. She was a little bummed, because she learned 1st hand the cute gun was not as much fun to shoot in volume. Still, she is happy with the purchase, and ended by stating she wanted to get her own cleaning supplies and learn to clean the gun herself.

7 of the 90 GR. GDHP Gold-Dot Speer, 19 of the 92 GR. FMJ S&B, 27 of the 95 GR. FMJ Remington UMC, 19 of the 90 GR. FMJ PMC, 44 95 GR. FMJ American Eagle (Fed), and 16 of the 95 GR. FMJ Winchester.

She informed me she would alternate stack for SD:

92 GR. FMJ S&B / 90 GR. GDHP / 92 GR. FMJ S&B / 90 GR. GDHP / 92 GR. FMJ S&B / 90 GR. GDHP

Had no idea she had researched this consideration.

Thanks for posts.
    NRA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links