The "Fun Handgun" Photo Thread

This is a discussion on The "Fun Handgun" Photo Thread within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Lots of serious carry handguns are featured here which is appropriate since this is Defensive Carry Forum but what about those of you who keep ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lots of serious carry handguns are featured here which is appropriate since this is Defensive Carry Forum but what about those of you who keep certain handguns around just for fun and frolic? There are probably some really great handguns in some Forum members' collections (accumulations?) that would be inspiring to see.

A fun gun could be described as most anything other than a dedicated self defense handgun. Its size, design, or features may or may not be suitable for concealed carry, open carry, or for household defensive use. A fun gun may be for relaxation or a shooting "change of pace." A fun gun may be a field companion for hiking or for pursuit of game. It may be fun because it is a new-in-the box example of an uncommon or long discontinued model or an unfired commemorative. It may fit any of the following:

Formal target competition of any sort
    Plinking
    Collectibles/Antiques
    Hunting

...and especially .22 rimfire handguns. Nothing else offers the unique fun and practice opportunities that may be had with .22 handguns.

Here are a few of my very favorites.

My favorite of all. Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 Masterpiece .22. Purchased new 30 years ago.

Semi-auto .22 that complements the above Model 17. Colt Woodsman

A pleasure to shoot on the range with accuracy that is amazing. Colt Officer's Model Match 38 Special, a 1957 "classic" like me.

Fully equal to the above Colt OMM is this Smith & Wesson Model 14 K-38 Masterpiece .38 Special, the centerfire companion to my Model 17 and purchased at the same time as the K-22.

Big bore version of the trio of long-nosed Smith & Wessons, for hunting or range use with a "kick." Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum purchased 30 years ago. 1980 was a good year.

When really accurate 45 ACP bullet placement is called for this Colt Gold Cup answers. Bought new in 1981-1982 (can't quite remember).

And last but not least, this 80-year-old Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector .32-20 makes a fine field/plinking companion when paired with a .32-20 lever action carbine.

We can see "serious" side arms elsewhere on the Forum. What sort of handguns do y'all keep on hand strictly for other purposes?
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Ex Member
    Impressive!

GM
    Nice!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Yer killin' me!!! Last year I picked up a 6-inch M17, because I lusted after a K-22 since I was a kid, and I also tripped over a 4-inch M63, the 22/32 "kit gun" that I bought for my lady. Those are the prettiest handguns I own. My 'wish list' includes a K-38, any Colt Diamondbacks, and at least one N-frame Smith.

Nice photography, too!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Nice set of weapons...gotta' love that lever action...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great photos. Great guns. Really enjoyed. Thanks for posting
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Here is one I keep on hand. Since the pic, I've put a Hogue wrap around grip with finger grooves on it and a front fiber optic sight.

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Here is another one. Henry .22LR (youth model so my son can shoot it).

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Thanks for sharing, all look like they are in great shape.

Heres some that i keep around but don't really need.

Mag-7 and taurus 44mag bear basher. (Mag-7 is a stock photo, can't find my camera)
    Attached Images
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

-Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Lots of serious carry handguns are featured here which is appropriate since this is Defensive Carry Forum but what about those of you who keep certain handguns around just for fun and frolic? There are probably some really great handguns in some Forum members' collections (accumulations?) that would be inspiring to see.

A fun gun could be described as most anything other than a dedicated self defense handgun. Its size, design, or features may or may not be suitable for concealed carry, open carry, or for household defensive use. A fun gun may be for relaxation or a shooting "change of pace." A fun gun may be a field companion for hiking or for pursuit of game. It may be fun because it is a new-in-the box example of an uncommon or long discontinued model or an unfired commemorative. It may fit any of the following:

Formal target competition of any sort
    Plinking
    Collectibles/Antiques
    Hunting

...and especially .22 rimfire handguns. Nothing else offers the unique fun and practice opportunities that may be had with .22 handguns.

Here are a few of my very favorites.

My favorite of all. Smith & Wesson Model 17 K-22 Masterpiece .22. Purchased new 30 years ago.

Semi-auto .22 that complements the above Model 17. Colt Woodsman

A pleasure to shoot on the range with accuracy that is amazing. Colt Officer's Model Match 38 Special, a 1957 "classic" like me.

Fully equal to the above Colt OMM is this Smith & Wesson Model 14 K-38 Masterpiece .38 Special, the centerfire companion to my Model 17 and purchased at the same time as the K-22.

Big bore version of the trio of long-nosed Smith & Wessons, for hunting or range use with a "kick." Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum purchased 30 years ago. 1980 was a good year.

When really accurate 45 ACP bullet placement is called for this Colt Gold Cup answers. Bought new in 1981-1982 (can't quite remember).

And last but not least, this 80-year-old Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector .32-20 makes a fine field/plinking companion when paired with a .32-20 lever action carbine.

We can see "serious" side arms elsewhere on the Forum. What sort of handguns do y'all keep on hand strictly for other purposes?
    I remember my Gold Cup from the late 70's and it was a beauty. The medallion was real gold and I believe the trigger was gold plated. It’s been a while…
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

All of these were bought on a whim because the price was right and they go bang!
    Just For Fun Guns:

Bersa 383A "The Tuxedo Gun". Actually a great shooter. Adjustable sights are great. If it wasn't for polymer guns I would probably carry this.

Llama Micromax .380 "The Little Tack Driver". The only pistol I have ever owned that is more accurate than this is my Kimber UCII

Taurus PT101 .40 "Blaster". It's just fun at the range. Pretty much useless due to weight otherwise.

9mm Derringer "Card Table Gun". No matter your opinion it's fun. AND it's the one at the range verybody wants to shoot!

gtv
    Here is my fun gun... Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR / .22 WMR with the 6.5" barrel. I wanted an inexpensive plinker, and I got a great little gun with this one, accurate and it just points very well.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all his time in the basement tying flies and neglecting his personal hygiene." -- Jimmy James

"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!" -- Admiral James T. Kirk

I can't remember having as much fun shooting a gun as I've had in the last few weeks with this.

dan
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links