RV/Pop-up Carry

RV/Pop-up Carry

This is a discussion on RV/Pop-up Carry within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I tried to research this on the forums, but got no results. Somewhere , I read that you can carry a firearm inside of your ...

Thread: RV/Pop-up Carry

RV/Pop-up Carry

I tried to research this on the forums, but got no results.

Somewhere, I read that you can carry a firearm inside of your RV as it is classified as your "HOME" as you travel around the country. This can be open or concealed as you have the same priviledges as a HOME owner...It's you residence.
    Makes sense to me, but I am about to purchase a pop-up camper. Do any of you know if "A" this is true about RV's and/or "B" does it apply to pop-up campers?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Zsnake; October 11th, 2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Know your state laws, but I would expect that when in a campground, it's considered your home, but when traveling, it's considered your vehicle...all applicable laws would apply for each situation.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I use my camper to stay a night or two on an Indian Reservation. I've had BOIA police tell me that guns are not allowed on reservations, in RV or car or whatever.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I use my camper to stay a night or two on an Indian Reservation. I've had BOIA police tell me that guns are not allowed on reservations, in RV or car or whatever.
    Isn't that funny non N.A. cant carry/possess because of broad pfz zones within reservation boundaries, but they have some of the highest crime rates around, some rival DC and Chicago, a friend of mine lives part time on Walpole Island and some of the stories he has told me, all I can say is glad that I don't live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    I tried to research this on the forums, but got no results.

Somewhere, I read that you can carry a firearm inside of your RV as it is classified as your "HOME" as you travel around the country. This can be open or concealed as you have the same privileges as a HOME owner...It's you residence.
    Makes sense to me, but I am about to purchase a pop-up camper. Do any of you know if "A" this is true about RV's and/or "B" does it apply to pop-up campers?

Thanks in advance.
    Does not apply to pop-ups or hard-sides while your in transit unless of coarse your wife is driving the tow vehicle and you are riding in said trailer, but then you would risk getting tickets for other violations, best thing for you to do is find a gun store or order online the book--gun laws usa 2011-- most gun stores around me stock it and can be ordered online too. Also any state you go to----look into what their DNR/fish and game whatever they might be called in the given state, has to say about cc/oc while camping, the laws can be a rather grey area sometimes, here in MI CO's seem to at times go out of there way to write tickets even when they are wrong. Just saying do your homework it'll help keep you from getting jammed up.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If your RV is licensed and tagged, it's a motor vehicle., and motor vehicle laws would apply whenever on the road, per state laws. A pop-up would be a towed vehicle, and a firearm inside it would be "non-accesible" while on the road. When parked, state laws on possession would apply.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Check out the section on RV/Car Carry.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Links