Glock 26 Magazine help

Glock 26 Magazine help

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Magazine help within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am trying to install Pearce PG-26 grip extenders on my wifes G26. I got out my handy Glock Armorers tool and apressed in the ...

Angry Glock 26 Magazine help

I am trying to install Pearce PG-26 grip extenders on my wifes G26. I got out my handy Glock Armorers tool and apressed in the "button" on the bottom of the mag and attempted to move the base plate off. The "button" turned sideways in the mag and I CANNOT get it turned back around or get the plate off. I am afraid to let her use it this way. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep in mind I am a Glock Armorer and have done this same installation to my old G27 in the past. Please Help.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

First off......you need to take the magazine apart. If the insert is down inside, squeeze the sides at the magazine base and attempt to slide the base off. The mag insert actually needs to be forced down inside and over the spring. Like it is now, you obviously have some of the tension of the insert working against the removal of the base. IMO...the G26 bases are the most difficult to remove especially when brand new. I know.....been there myself with my wife's G26. My G27s were never any problem. If you have any specific questions, PM this evening. I'll be out of town for the next week with no internet access.

It's crazy how what should be simple turns into a major ordeal. RamRod pretty much told you all ya can do. Just keep workin with it, trial and error.

Just in case Ram Rod cannot answer my PM since he is off line. I have the button turned sideways inside the mag...if I could get the base plate off I would be fine. But the button being sideways does not allow me to get "bite" with the tool to get the spring out of the way of the plate.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sounds like you're "in a jam." I think Glock mags are kind of hard to disassemble. I hope you figure it out.

Is it possible to make a "L" shaped tool, (coathanger?) that you can insert and turn sideways to engage the button? Maybe a small allen wrench? Hard to discribe what my mind is picturing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

There are probably lots of videos on youtube.com of people showing youhow to remove the base plate. It is a little tricky. I did three of my my G26 magazines and it got easier with each one. Watch the videos. You are half way to finishing the job. 1) you have to force the inner plate down and off to the side to free up the outer plate. 2) the outer plate is difficult to slide off and takes a bit of work. Find a nice sharp corner of a desk or table and "hook" the back edge of the outer plate on the table corner then push the magazine back so the outer plate starts to slide off. It might help t o squeeze the sides of the magazine a little. 3) some people use the punch tool that you used to push the inner floor plate of to the side; push it well into the hole and use it for leverage to force the outer plate forward (check out the videos). It will come off and you will get the hang of ti but it is not easy at first.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJE2f39XOb0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJq_g...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY2f4...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpRquLIpolc&feature=fvw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMMOv...eature=related

The funny things is i know how to do it...I did it many time with my G27 when I owned it. I swallowed my male pride and took it to a friend of mine who has fooled wit them alot more and a few swipes with his Leatherman and he was done and handed me the pieces. Little embarassing but its done and I can install the floor plates now.

Links