Defensive Carry banner

Secondary Trip Gun

709 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Bud White 
#1 ·
I'm looking at one of these (note the bottom pic with the muzzle brake and forend and an optic but not a scope as shown: http://www.kel-tec.com/plr16.html It takes M16 mags, which I have tons of as well as a lot of 5.56mm. I can get one for about $240 from a friend with an FFL. It would be sort of backup on trips for my wife to watch my "six." I'd put one of those BIG red dot optics on it like the BSA or something. Not a lot of bucks into the optic, just enough to do the job. What do y'all think?

#2 ·
From what i have seen ( i dont own one ) they are ok plinkers on the level of the mini 14 or so , dont expect moa accuracy with it. BTW iirc there are now two diff generations ( each with thier own advantages or disadvantages ) gen 1 had a folding stock ( not shootable really when stowed just more compact ) gen 2 does not . I would say trundle over to ktog.org and read up a bit on em .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.