Help me.....Did i make a mistake ??

This is a discussion on Help me.....Did i make a mistake ?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok this weekend at our local gun/knife show (very small by the way) i had a chance to trade my...Kimber UltraCarry2, OWB holster & $100 ...

Thread: Help me.....Did i make a mistake ??

ok this weekend at our local gun/knife show (very small by the way) i had a chance to trade my...Kimber UltraCarry2, OWB holster & $100 cash...for a Benelli MR1 carbine w/a NcStar 3x9x42 scope (which had a laser/lighted reticule & rubber wrapped) the scope did look a bit older but i guess the carbine was quite new......But i choked & did'nt do it
    Now iam worried i messed up. Now i dont need 1 of these but they are way cool. The biggest problem for me was that it was in .223 caliber & i dont think i can even deer hunt with it, so what do i do with it besides look cool & shoot plinko's (as my buddy call's small target shooting) lol?
    If it was like a .308 i would have done it for sure, now i did get his name/number & he lives just over an hour away so its not out of the question yet but i dont know what to do.
    The UC2 is my edc & iam selling it to order a Kahr PM45 from cyclinder&slide hopefully (i miss my PM45) so i would have to settle on a regular PM45 for sure & of course fit the whole bill for that which i cant afford right now (hence the fact the Kimber is on the auction block) so did i screw up

P.S...Iam attaching a pic of an MR1 (not actual 1 i was considering) & a shot of my Kimber & holsterBENELLI-MR1-Carbine.jpgUC2 003.jpgUC2 009.jpg
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I don't think you made a mistake at all.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

No, you did not make a mistake because it was a fair trade IMO , not a great one,
    and something told you to hang onto your gun and walk away.
    That little voice in the back of your mind is right most of the time.
    Never second guess the little voice.
    just my .02
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

When in out don't do.

Administrator
    I think you made the wise choice.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think you made the wise choice.
    Same here. There will be more choices to be made on down the road. As for now...sleep easy, and put all of that out of your mind. Living in the past will wear you down quicker than anything. Learning from the past is good experience. Go forward with the knowledge.

Thanks guy's i just dont know why but when he took the offer i figured he would'nt i got worried. I really would like an AR of some sort but i have much to learn before i start lookin to get my hands on 1 (did'nt know what i needed to look for) Heck i just read a couple threads on here in the couple hours & have some places to start lookin at. Its hard to buy somethin confidently when u know nothin about it....all in all iam glad i did'nt as well might have got burned who knows
    Now the learning must commence.....sounds like Spike's is a good place to start lookin
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Good no trade. I personally am not a big fan of the mr1 benelli and I think that you could get a much better carbine for a lot less.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Here is my two cents worth; I personally would have no need for the MR1 but I like pistols. Had I had the opportunity to do the reverse trade, I would have done that.

However, that is me. I think dollar for dollar it all comes out in the wash. The bottom like is this, you obviously liked (or had a need for) the MR1 over the Kimber or you would not have done the trade. If -YOU- are satisfied, that is all that matters.

I've been known to trade gold for copper simply to get what I wanted without laying out a bunch of cash. And I think in reality we all have at one time or another. As long as everyone is happy, go with the flow and enjoy...

My Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Links