Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail

Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail

This is a discussion on Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A picture has been added of the offending bullet. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...=1#post1790268...

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,719

    Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail

    A picture has been added of the offending bullet.

    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...=1#post1790268
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    9,139
    Looks like the bullet caught the edge of the case during the seating process. I do that sometimes on small calibers when reloading.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,719
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Looks like the bullet caught the edge of the case during the seating process. I do that sometimes on small calibers when reloading.
    So you think it was an ammo problem? Because I don't see how the recoil spring would have enough strength to do that to a casing just stripping the round off of the magazine.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

  4. #4
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,508
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Looks like the bullet caught the edge of the case during the seating process. I do that sometimes on small calibers when reloading.
    Same here especially if the case mouth is not flared enough and the bullet is not started straight.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  5. #5
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,617
    FWIW, Like many, I've put a bunch down the pipe of my G19 without ever a problem - but never a retread. I'd stick with off-the-shelf stuff until you're confident in the gun.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,719
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    FWIW, Like many, I've put a bunch down the pipe of my G19 without ever a problem - but never a retread. I'd stick with off-the-shelf stuff until you're confident in the gun.
    Thanks, that was off the shelf WWB.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,617
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Thanks, that was off the shelf WWB.
    Ooops - 'sorry, I missed that
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,719
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Ooops - 'sorry, I missed that
    No problem. Somehow I must have missed it when I loaded the round. Didn't feel it, or see it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array NC Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Posts
    2,637
    tkruf, I've been hanging back posting to your thread because I was curious as to the condition of the ammo. Just some more FYI, I had the same failure about a month and a half ago with a G19 using Remington ammo during a class. Failure to go into battery and a jam that took the Hulk to clear. After retrieving the round, it looked very similar to the one in your picture. I had the student clear the gun and we checked the remaining ammo from the boxes in that lot that were on the line. Low and behold, a second round had a like deformity and was pulled for return.

    I returned both rounds to Remington and received a letter stating that "sometimes this equipment "misbehaves" and requires an apology. This is one of those instances."

    They sent a new box to replace to two rounds and I will continue to use Remington. They at least own the problems and make it right.

    I'm sure that Winchester would probably have about the same response if you send them the round.

    Good luck and don't fret the malfunction too much. Just keep looking and have fun.

  10. #10
    Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    englewood, fl
    Posts
    1,751
    there isnt anything in the gun thats gonna mangle a case that badly....ouch...write winchester and theyll do something to accomodate you...

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array tkruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Really SW, Virginia
    Posts
    4,719
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    tkruf, I've been hanging back posting to your thread because I was curious as to the condition of the ammo. Just some more FYI, I had the same failure about a month and a half ago with a G19 using Remington ammo during a class. Failure to go into battery and a jam that took the Hulk to clear. After retrieving the round, it looked very similar to the one in your picture. I had the student clear the gun and we checked the remaining ammo from the boxes in that lot that were on the line. Low and behold, a second round had a like deformity and was pulled for return.

    I returned both rounds to Remington and received a letter stating that "sometimes this equipment "misbehaves" and requires an apology. This is one of those instances."

    They sent a new box to replace to two rounds and I will continue to use Remington. They at least own the problems and make it right.

    I'm sure that Winchester would probably have about the same response if you send them the round.

    Good luck and don't fret the malfunction too much. Just keep looking and have fun.
    Outstanding. Thanks for the response. Glad my posting the picture inspired you to post. I'm certain now that is was an ammo failure and not at all the gun. My local Glock armorer (whom I just got back from visiting and showing him the round) knew without me telling him and with looking at the bottom of the casing that it was WWB and it was a 100 round box it came out of. He said same thing that a lot of people here said, "It is horrible stuff".

    Thanks for posting and for the info.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Glock 23 Failure to feed on last round update
    By BarneyC in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
  2. Update: Unique Glock Situation
    By glockstock in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: December 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
  3. New option added Glock 27, GLOCK23 OR GLOCK23C?
    By safrotin in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: September 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM
  4. Glock Cominolli Safety Update
    By Geo2020 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
  5. Wife's New Glock 27 added mini range report
    By dr_cmg in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 25th, 2007, 12:59 AM

Search tags for this page

g19 update
,
glock bullet picture
,

glock19 bullet

Click on a term to search for related topics.