Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail

This is a discussion on Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A picture has been added of the offending bullet. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...=1#post1790268...

Thread: Update: Pic Added of the Bullet, RE: Glock 19 fail

A picture has been added of the offending bullet.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...=1#post1790268
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Looks like the bullet caught the edge of the case during the seating process. I do that sometimes on small calibers when reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Looks like the bullet caught the edge of the case during the seating process. I do that sometimes on small calibers when reloading.
    So you think it was an ammo problem? Because I don't see how the recoil spring would have enough strength to do that to a casing just stripping the round off of the magazine.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Same here especially if the case mouth is not flared enough and the bullet is not started straight.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    FWIW, Like many, I've put a bunch down the pipe of my G19 without ever a problem - but never a retread. I'd stick with off-the-shelf stuff until you're confident in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    FWIW, Like many, I've put a bunch down the pipe of my G19 without ever a problem - but never a retread. I'd stick with off-the-shelf stuff until you're confident in the gun.
    Thanks, that was off the shelf WWB.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Thanks, that was off the shelf WWB.
    Ooops - 'sorry, I missed that

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Ooops - 'sorry, I missed that
    No problem. Somehow I must have missed it when I loaded the round. Didn't feel it, or see it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

tkruf, I've been hanging back posting to your thread because I was curious as to the condition of the ammo. Just some more FYI, I had the same failure about a month and a half ago with a G19 using Remington ammo during a class. Failure to go into battery and a jam that took the Hulk to clear. After retrieving the round, it looked very similar to the one in your picture. I had the student clear the gun and we checked the remaining ammo from the boxes in that lot that were on the line. Low and behold, a second round had a like deformity and was pulled for return.

I returned both rounds to Remington and received a letter stating that "sometimes this equipment "misbehaves" and requires an apology. This is one of those instances."

They sent a new box to replace to two rounds and I will continue to use Remington. They at least own the problems and make it right.

I'm sure that Winchester would probably have about the same response if you send them the round.

Good luck and don't fret the malfunction too much. Just keep looking and have fun.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    there isnt anything in the gun thats gonna mangle a case that badly....ouch...write winchester and theyll do something to accomodate you...

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    tkruf, I've been hanging back posting to your thread because I was curious as to the condition of the ammo. Just some more FYI, I had the same failure about a month and a half ago with a G19 using Remington ammo during a class. Failure to go into battery and a jam that took the Hulk to clear. After retrieving the round, it looked very similar to the one in your picture. I had the student clear the gun and we checked the remaining ammo from the boxes in that lot that were on the line. Low and behold, a second round had a like deformity and was pulled for return.

I returned both rounds to Remington and received a letter stating that "sometimes this equipment "misbehaves" and requires an apology. This is one of those instances."

They sent a new box to replace to two rounds and I will continue to use Remington. They at least own the problems and make it right.

I'm sure that Winchester would probably have about the same response if you send them the round.

Good luck and don't fret the malfunction too much. Just keep looking and have fun.
    Outstanding. Thanks for the response. Glad my posting the picture inspired you to post. I'm certain now that is was an ammo failure and not at all the gun. My local Glock armorer (whom I just got back from visiting and showing him the round) knew without me telling him and with looking at the bottom of the casing that it was WWB and it was a 100 round box it came out of. He said same thing that a lot of people here said, "It is horrible stuff".

Thanks for posting and for the info.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Links