LEOs find rocket launcher after shooting threat to Dayton OH VA Hospital

This is a discussion on LEOs find rocket launcher after shooting threat to Dayton OH VA Hospital within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.nationalterroralert.com/2...investigation/ Possibly a LAW rocket. Surprising light on details. Two men were being questioned after federal agents and local officers learned the men planned “to ...

Thread: LEOs find rocket launcher after shooting threat to Dayton OH VA Hospital

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/2...investigation/

Possibly a LAW rocket. Surprising light on details.

Two men were being questioned after federal agents and local officers learned the men planned “to show up at the VA Center and basically shoot a bunch of people up,” police said Monday.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sounds like a good catch!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    Glad that they got them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Last time I saw a Law was in the late 70's but pretty sure they had them up until the mid 80's,Laws were designed to take out light armored vehicles like APC's and really effective at blowing up bunkers.Firing one into a crowd of people would leave a lot of casualties
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Last time I saw a Law was in the late 70's but pretty sure they had them up until the mid 80's,Laws were designed to take out light armored vehicles like APC's and really effective at blowing up bunkers.Firing one into a crowd of people would leave a lot of casualties
    Surprisingly enough, the LAAW has been un-retired, and is used fairly often in Afghanistan, does a decent job against mud huts, with less weight than an AT-4. I carried one on my back quite a bit actually.

Someone that wants to shoot up a VA center, while, I can't really say my opinion of them.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Surprisingly enough, the LAAW has been un-retired, and is used fairly often in Afghanistan, does a decent job against mud huts, with less weight than an AT-4. I carried one on my back quite a bit actually.

Someone that wants to shoot up a VA center, while, I can't really say my opinion of them.
    I agree anybody targeting wounded/ injured former/current military members needs to be thrown under the prison
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would bet money it is an expended LAW tube.

This is hysteria mongering by the press/LEOs IMO, regardless of the VA threat. Sometimes it seems as if LEOs get a kick out of blowing out of proportion the littlest things to get the G.P. all riled up and to press for bigger budgets.

"And at the prepetrators house, we found this crayon drawing OF A MACHINE GUN!!!!" says the Chief of Police, in front of banks of cameras. Or they pose in front of tables full of practice grenades and airsoft guns to make it seem like the guy they just arrested had an arsenal.

It's tiresome and cheap that some LEOs and media types choose to engage in this kind of activity.

The story, with a picture of an assistant police chief and an FBI agent, was in the front section of the Dayton Daily News yesterday. It took two bomb squads to determine the tube was empty! And they found "assault weapons" and "ammunition" in the apartment! Oh my! scary stuff! Just more sensationalism from the liberal leftist gun hating DDN (Dayton Daily News)!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Then again....who is to say the vets are the targets? Has anyone dealt with the people who work at the VA?? Their convoluted procedures for the simplest things would drive anyone to homicide. My wife and I had to go to our congressman to get help from the VA for my FIL (30-yr Navy vet, diagnosed with ALS, and documented service-related disability)...funny how helpful the VA is when the guy who writes the checks (so to speak) comes a'callin'.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Ex Member
    Dang! I have been to that VA hospital many times. Not the best area.

Sponsored Links