Finding out history of a suicide gun from Oklahoma

This is a discussion on Finding out history of a suicide gun from Oklahoma within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have an option to buy a handgun that was allegedly used in a suicide in Oklahoma. It was returned to the family after some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have an option to buy a handgun that was allegedly used in a suicide in Oklahoma. It was returned to the family after some time and sold to a guy who I know.

Is there any way to find out for sure if its true? Would the particular guns information be on a police report and is it possible to get such a thing in that state.

Kind of a weird question I know.

Thanks!

Alex!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

Does it really matter??

The gun didn't kill anyone...(if story of suicide is true)--it was the person who pulled the trigger.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I think I would just buy another gun. Who needs the drama?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Does it really matter??
    Yes. Thats why I asked.

If it was in good shape (hardly used...or only used once), I couldn't care less.
    I wouldn't search out the history, just add it to the collection.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by edclacro View Post
    Who needs the drama?
    What drama?

If it was collected as evidence, it might be marked as such somewhere. My dad has an old .22/.22 jet revolver that was used in a bank robbery, and you can see the initials (or something) scratched into the cylinder from when it was logged, or catalogued or whatever the police do to "check in" the evidence.

I would be interested or curious to find out. My dad has a Luger that was used in a multiple murder at a bar. Its just interesting to know the unique history behind a handgun.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I would be interested or curious to find out. My dad has a Luger that was used in a multiple murder at a bar. Its just interesting to know the unique history behind a handgun.
    Bingo! Its not a bad price for the gun but as a conversation piece it would be pretty neat. I just want to make sure if I'm buying a conversation piece it really is what they claim it is and preferably have some type of documentation if possible.

Alex!

True or not...I would not buy it. That would bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcantslee View Post
    Bingo! Its not a bad price for the gun but as a conversation piece it would be pretty neat.
    Wow. What a fascinating conversation. "Hey look, I have a gun that some poor, desperate, mentally imbalanced person used this to kill themselves! Isn't that NEAT?"

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I personally would not want it. Too much stigma attached to it imho
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    Wow. What a fascinating conversation. "Hey look, I have a gun that some poor, desperate, mentally imbalanced person used this to kill themselves! Isn't that NEAT?"

Best post I have read this week.

I have a revolver that supposedly was involved in an accidental shooting death.

Back in the early '80's when I worked at a local grocery store, there was a co-worker who's uncle had purchased a new Rossi .38spl to keep in his small store he ran for protection. He only fired five rounds from it to test it, then stuck it behind the store counter. As the story was related to me, the uncle's son came in on leave from the military for a visit and got together with a friend. He found the revolver behind the counter of his uncle's store. They proceeded to get intoxicated, played Russian Roulette with the revolver and he shot and killed himself.

After the investigation and all that, the police returned the revolver. The uncle could not stand to look at it, and he sold it to me for $100. I still have it, don't feel any different than any other revolver or pistol that I own. It was just a stupid set of circumstances that led to the disaster. The Rossi is a fine weapon and I use it as a carry piece in addition to my S&W 9mm. I suppose this is true, I never did actually check to see if it was, but I trusted my co-worker, didn't think he'd lie to me. I actually bought a Browning Challenger II .22 semi-auto from his cousin who needed money and not the pistol.

I don't know if you could check out the history of this one, but I'd go ahead and buy it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I promise you... the emotional turmoil of owning a gun that has an unfamiliar history behind it isn't as bad as everyone is playing it out to be. I would advise you to own the gun and use it as a conversation piece. Just don't get personal with the victim and the victim's family, such as names and their personal history.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links