I was not allowed to rent a gun?

This is a discussion on I was not allowed to rent a gun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's Blackwing's anti-suicide policy. I think they don't publish it because it's not something that's comfortable to talk about. I believe if they have extra ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: I was not allowed to rent a gun?

It's Blackwing's anti-suicide policy. I think they don't publish it because it's not something that's comfortable to talk about. I believe if they have extra staff there. they'll let you rent and shoot as long as a staff member is with you.
    Next time you want to go to Blackwing, call me and I'll go with you. Problem solved.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by joe26 View Post
    I took a 40 minute trip from Columbus up to Black Wing, to rent a P30, maybe a G20 if i had time. I was turned away because I didn't bring a friend or bring my own gun. I had never heard of this policy, nor can i find it on their website. anyone else ever experience this? I was am not mad that they have the policy more that I been there once before, looked over the website, wasted 80 minutes, gas and didn't know i would not be able to rent.
    I can understand your frustration, but the owner of the range has to look out for their interests too. Up here in NH, several years back, a gentleman came into the range, in Manchester NH, looked at several handguns, rented one, and proceeded to take his life on the range.
    You came alone, so next time bring a friend with you.
    This may be the valid reason why you were refused at that range. You have to look at it from their perspective
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

As a relatively new member to Blackwing, I feel like chiming in here. I took the CCW class there which came with a 30 day complimentary membership. A couple of weeks later, I took my roommate and we rented guns and it was just fine. I went by myself the following week and that's when I encountered the policy myself. They were about to turn me away until I mentioned that I just wanted to take advantage of the complimentary membership before it ran out. That's when I learned that the policy does not apply to members. As a member, you can show up by yourself, rent a gun (or more), buy some ammo and enjoy some range time. Since then, I've purchased an annual membership and all is well. It seems like a nice range, but as it is the only one I have ever been to, I have no basis for comparison.

Re: I was not allowed to rent a gun?

I just walk out my door and can shoot. Its been a while since I've been to a public range but a Google search on range suicides definitely shows this is a very real concern.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    That is a ridiculous rule!
    Ever have to close up shop to have brains cleaned up and a hole repaired?

Now tell me how ridiculous it is again...
    rigel42 likes this.

I believe it just happened around my was a few months ago. I never even thought about someone doing that. I'd hate to be shooting next to them... I go alone often when i have a day off during the week, However I have been there with friends many times..

What does a suicidle person look like?? Some say people who are about to kill themselves are usually very happy looking, I guess because they know there out of here... GOt me man, whole thing sucks all the way around. To many people have taken their lives in this area, and not all with guns, most with drugs and rope

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links