its been Christmas in October......

This is a discussion on its been Christmas in October...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We had a great month of October in 'spreading the wealth' and assisting with 'stimulating the economy'. The wife has been wanting a bolt action ...

Thread: its been Christmas in October......

VIP Member

its been Christmas in October......

We had a great month of October in 'spreading the wealth' and assisting with 'stimulating the economy'.

The wife has been wanting a bolt action to learn to shoot and do some hunting with, so her birthday present was a Savage Edge XP in .223, came with 3-9x40 scope for $299. I know its not a 70 or 700, not going to be used for 300 yard elk shots in the mountains, but it will serve the purpose desired....and uses ammo I already have stocked up We go to the range next week

Next, went to the local gun show and found my son his first gun....a Remington 597 semi-auto .22. Absolutely perfect condition and beautiful blue/gray stained stock, 4x scope, and of course I had to get some 30 round spare mags He is so excited and the smile on his face and him expressing his appreciation was worth every penny. We head to the range next week to continue his learning and test out the rifle (I added a sling I had laying around)
    Then a few aisles over....I found something I'd been wanting for awhile....an SKS to go with the AK, had a scope, good condition...couldn't pass it up

and lastly.....my Rock River AR-15 for duty came in, getting it on payroll deduction, no interest....came with Eotech, single point and 2-point slings, Streamlight TLR-1, and 3 30 round mags; I take the week long rifle class/certification next month

savage edge.JPGremington 597.JPGsks.jpgpatrol Rock River AR.jpg
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

Looks like some very nice rifles. I'm sure you and your family will be enjoying them for many years to come!
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

May Santa fill your family's stockings with ammo!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member
    My personal favorite is that Rock River. I'd say it's Christmas, birthday, and Valentines all in one!!!

GM
    Very nice! Enjoy the new toys.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very nice collection indeed...I like the duty gun....very ready for anything.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    My personal favorite is that Rock River. I'd say it's Christmas, birthday, and Valentines all in one!!!
    no no no......there's more on my list....don't say that

...and the RR is my fav too, followed by the remington--it is very nice
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

VIP Member
    Congratulations on all of them. Learn to use the duty rifle well, not just shoot with it but to fight with it and it will save your bacon one day.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Congratulations on all of them. Learn to use the duty rifle well, not just shoot with it but to fight with it and it will save your bacon one day.
    we have a required week long rifle school which I'm attending in the 30 deg weather/snowy range, it covers dis-assembly, maintenance, close quarters deployment, long range marksmanship, rifle/pistol transitions, shooting on the move, all using iron sights and EoTech, standing/kneeling/prone....we go through 1000 rifle rounds and 200 pistol rounds in five 8-hour days
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Links