Glock NY-2 Trigger Module......

Glock NY-2 Trigger Module......

This is a discussion on Glock NY-2 Trigger Module...... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After trading and selling afew guns recently I came up with a G-19 with a NY-2 New York trigger module (orange). I have never had ...

Thread: Glock NY-2 Trigger Module......

Cool Glock NY-2 Trigger Module......

After trading and selling afew guns recently I came up with a G-19 with a NY-2 New York trigger module (orange). I have never had anything but the standard Glock trigger. I have not had a chance to take the gun to the range yet but in in dry practice and being an old revolver shooter (S&W and Ruger) I kinda like the feel of the NY trigger.

What are some of your thoughts on this?

Massad Ayoob says in an article that he has the NY-1 trigger module (green) and 5lb connector in all his Glocks.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I use a NY1 because I rotate ccw with a revolver and I shot the Glock with it's standard trigger before I intended a few times at the range, because of the two different trigger-weights. The NY1 - after I got used to it - gives me plenty of added resistance and it breaks clean - no creep - an excellent combat trigger. Now my 2 carrys feel near the same shooting them. Perfect! for a rotation.

I think you may find the NY2 too resistant a trigger-pull. If so, buy a replacement - they cost about $20 or less. I had a Glock armorer install it although I know many who do it themselves. No thanks - for me at least. My guns and my car's brakes go to an expert - and I am a LLLOOOOOONG way from being one. You can get the triggers at quite a few sites, or order it from Glock.

Cool

Thanks. I got a NY-1 and NY-2 through Midway USA for $ 1.98 each. I also got the firing pin spring and recoil spring. I do not know how many rounds have been put through this gun so while I have it apart I will get those replaced. Thanks for your reply.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    NY-1 and standard connector is my personal set up on carry GLOCK's. Any GLOCK I work on (GLOCK Armorer), I always ask if it is for carry or range. If it is for carry purposes, I will recommend this configuration.

Some people don't like the heavier pull, but I think it is a good balance between the stock 5.5 lbs and your average DA.

The NY-2 is just too much for me, personally. I have talked to a few "old-school" wheel-gunners that think they are perfect, though.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

VIP Member
    Many years ago when doing tactical work we ran our Glock 35's with the 3.5 disconnect and a NY trigger and loved them.

As you pull the trigger on a standard Glock you are stretching/pulling the trigger spring with a NY style trigger you are compressing a trigger spring to get that revolver like trigger pull resulting in fantastic improvement in trigger reset. We also ran a Glock 18 machine pistol and with the standard trigger it was hard to control. I put in a NY trigger kit and you could literally fire one, two or three round bursts on command.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Sponsored Links