OMG Huge thud on my front porch!

This is a discussion on OMG Huge thud on my front porch! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was sitting on my couch, browsing the forums. All of the sudden I hear a huge thud on my front porch! I am thinking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG Huge thud on my front porch!

I was sitting on my couch, browsing the forums. All of the sudden I hear a huge thud on my front porch! I am thinking at this point "CODE RED!!! CODE RED!!!" I get up and start towards the foyer, ready to greet whatever came came through. I sneak around the corner like a SWAT point man. Looking now at my front door, not damaged, I realize it was just the UPS man dropping off my big box of ammo...PHEEWW!!!

Next time you want to avoid that surprise......... send it to my house
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

What ever happened to them ringing the doorbell? I've had packages dropped by both Fed X and UPS, sitting out in the pouring down rain, and it specifically stated on package, "signature required". Just drop and run, I guess.

Our UPS driver is pretty good about ringing the bell.. If the package will fit, he puts it inside the storm door between the front door so it doesn't get rained on
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

A few years ago I ordered a real nice Gaming computer. Came home one day and saw a big box on my font step with a big "DELL" on it. Since then I have everything shipped to my work.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    What ever happened to them ringing the doorbell? I've had packages dropped by both Fed X and UPS, sitting out in the pouring down rain, and it specifically stated on package, "signature required". Just drop and run, I guess.
    I don't know what ever happened to them ringing the doorbell. The other day I heard a loud banging on the door followed by a thud. It was the FedX guy DROPPING off a box clearly marked "fragile."

Half of the "heirloom" dishes which had been carefully wrapped by FED X for a big fee, were broken. They'll maybe pay a pittance from the insurance, but these particular dishes had sentimental value and are not replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    They're pressed for time. More deliveries, shorter day.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Hmp our UPS guy doesn't even TRY the door or even the porch. He stops off by the mailbox that is on the fence by the road, and leaves a "there was no answer" tag on the friggin mailbox --- when we're HOME to answer the door IF ONLY he would knock!!!

And some people ask me why I get my ammo at WalMart coz "it's cheaper to order it online" well that may be so, but......shipping is far more hassle than it's worth!!!

The FedEx guy can't even find my house (and I live on a city block, not in the sticks). In general I try to stick with USPS shipping, coz at least they can usually find my mailbox.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I'm glad your SA was functioning as it should and everything worked out for the better.
    Or wait, you are uptight and overreacted. Tone it down.
    I know... Yay! Ammo!
    ;^)

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Our UPS guy just sticks stuff outside my back door, I have had packages there for days before noticing. Bascially my house is on a corner and I have a driveway at both front and back of my house, I even put a sign up telling the UPS driver use front door.

As a note, the drivers are getting pressed to make their deliveries in a certian time, they if they do not, they lose out on bonus and are regulated by DOT and cannot be on the roads for more than X hours a day and they get in trouble if they do not get all the deliveries out before they meet DOT time. That is what my dads neighbor who is a Fed Ex supervisor has told me when I asked why the drivers drive like idiots half the time.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I'm glad your SA was functioning as it should and everything worked out for the better.
    Or wait, you are uptight and overreacted. Tone it down.
    I know... Yay! Ammo!
    ;^)

Definately the latter of the two! Lol actually i posted this up because i did not react that way at all...as soon as heard the noise, i jumped up screaming "my ammo is here, my ammo is here!!!" i just got a kick out of how some ppl overreact to minor situations...

I was actually really stoked because i got a bunch of 45 ammo which ive been struggling to find and some +P hollow points in 9 and 45!

We live in an affluent (or effluent, haven't decided which) area where most families are dual income. One year my wife and I got a job delivering phone books. We drove through many neighborhoods where no one was home in most of the houses. We saw many packages on front porches just waiting to be picked up by anyone that happened by.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

I don't get worried unless my dog does. She knows the UPS man well now and knows not bark at him. LOL
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Had a problem at my old apartment were UPS would knock on the door and i didn't hear it or he would write the slip so fast he was gone before i could open the door. So, if i needed something that day i had to put a chair next to the door and wait all day. He would even have the slip half written by the time i opened the door. They would make me sign for everything, whether it was requested or not. 45 minutes each way, if I wanted to pick up the package.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Moral of the story: Support your local gun store.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links