Defensive Carry banner

Chick-fil-A is anti? News report appears so...

10K views 42 replies 31 participants last post by  XNavyflyer 
#1 ·
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7767583&rss=rss-wtvd-article-7767583

" ABC111 contacted Chick-fil-A. A corporate spokesperson said the company...Do(es) not endorse the group's political agenda."

My comment of their FB page (Wonder how long it will survive):

Really? For Chick-fil-A to be a Christian business, and having a close relative that works there, I find it disheartening that they do not support the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. Our Constitution is based on strong Judeo-Christian principles and values. Self defense is taught in the Bible in several passages.

#4 ·
None of the Chic Fil A restuarants that I have been to have been posted with 30.06 signs. Beyond that I wouldn't know if they were anti or not.

#6 ·
It is a business decision,IMO. This is a very large business.If they endorse one group,or allow a group to meet in their stores,what is next?Then they end up in a court battle with some type of discrimination suit?Those of us that believe in concealed carry or open carry,are and will continue to be in the minority,if you look at the big picture. Unless they post their stores,I will give them my $$$

#7 ·
Unless this is a new development throughout the entire chain, I've never seen a sign on one either. Of course, I'm not in one that often, just occasionally. My personal philosophy, if my gun isn't allowed in your store, my money isn't either. Someone else will be glad to get my business.

They may not endorse it, but if they don't post it then I'm going about my meal plan business as usual...which is carrying.

#8 ·
So how is their not endorsing this group make them "anti"? They aren't prohibiting them, they said in the story they would be treated like any other customers. It looks to me like all they are doing is not taking a postition either way on the issue.

#9 ·
I see this the same way.

#11 ·
"does not endorse" does not obviate "does not agree with"

Remember folks, not adding a political agenda, (even one the owners, franchise owners, whomever, may sincerely agree with & even support) to a corporate stand/attitude does not specifically mean they are against said position. Indeed, not knowing what questions were asked of the corporate rep. makes it difficult to even know their true positioning, "does not endorse the group's political agenda" is indeed a neutral stance, but also may simply mean that they did not "give the interviewer the answer they were looking for" in that they support the opposing view from us!* Not a bad place to be as a business, actually. Anyone ever hear of Starbucks??? Plausible deniability :image035:
I would argue that unless it's tea-tossin time, the CHOICE to NOT to prohibit carry is the stance we should hope & pray most businesses should take. It keeps us going through their doors, as well as the sheep who "don't know no better", & that means they make more $, stay in business, give us places to work & shop/eat, etc. Sometimes a low profile is better than NO profile. As my fellow TXnz said, no 30.06 (legally recognized signage to prohibit concealed carry in TX), so I can continue to enjoy my tasty chicken goodness fried in that crack-oil they use to keep me addicted!
:danceban::danceban::danceban::danceban:

*(Please think seriously before deciding which direction the spin is coming from, & going to. Critical thinking skills, ya'll. This goes without saying, & should be common practice. What "brand" of "news programming"/"fear-mongering, hoplophobic, jackbooted freedom killin, Obama-hole" did this come from again? Is their intent truly fair, balanced journalism?
Oh yeah... In the interest of full disclosure, it must be reiterated that while I can not explicitly condemn nor defend Chick-fil-A, or even pretend to know their true corporate/franchise positions, I A: DO advocate that WE ALL need to keep our Discerning Caps™ on, & B: whilst I have been provided absolutely NO financial or gastronomical incentives to engineer this post, I most certainly do enjoy their noms, & will happily eat any which they toss in my direction!)

Third Coast Shotgun Surfin Club

#12 ·
I've OC'd in many Chik-Fil-As in Virginia.....haven't had a problem.

#16 ·
I OC in Chick-fil-A all the time, and have never had anything said to me about it. I've never seen one that was posted.

ABC11 contacted Chick-fil-A. A corporate spokesperson said the company:

Did not know about the event in advance
Did not provide the logo Randy Dye used on his website
Did not give their permission for the event to take place
Do not endorse the group's political agenda
While the corporation does not endorse their agenda, neither do they prohibit them from expressing it. There is a big difference in the 2. They also stated that they would be treated like any other customer. I don't personally don't see anything anti in there actions. What I do see is ABC11 trying to stir up a controversy.

#17 ·
They may not "endorse, approve, support", but that doesn't equate to "BAN" either. It seems as though they are allowing the customers to assemble in their establishment, but it doesn't mean they have to "agree" with their beliefs in order to allow them to do so.

The way I look at it, a company doesn't have to be "you're either with us or against us." Why can't it be "we don't agree with x, but we're not treating anyone that does any differently." Until or unless they start actively working against our rights or start posting signs banning firearms in their establishments, I don't take issue with them in particular. JMO.

#21 ·
Well, I am sad to hear this. I do not eat fast food and have not since 2006 but, we do let the kids partake from time to time and Chick-fil-A was one of their favorites. But, their stand on my right to protect my family while I am taking them out to eat, spending my hard earned money there, will cause me to add them to the list of establishments I no longer support with my dollars. And I will send them an email explaining it to them.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

#22 ·
I hope Chick-fil-a isn't anti, its one of the few places I can go in Ohio. In Ohio any place with a liquor license is off limits... which is about 99% of places worth going to. I like to meet my wife at Chick-fil-a for lunch every once in a while because they aren't posted and not licensed for liquor.

Our local place is run by some nice very "Christian" folks who even have the 10 commandments near the Condiment bar. Maybe its the 10 condiments, I'm not sure.

Anyway... the place has the best fast food service I've ever experienced and pretty decent food. Plus I can carry, so I hope I can keep going there. Costco, Aldi and Trader Joe's in my area are already off-limits. If they post Chick-fil-a I may as well return my permit.

#23 ·
Chick-Fil-A is not AG.

The guy who owns franchises here is PG; P2A and also carry's.

I have never heard of ANY CFA banning firearms. In my town CFA is one of the safest places to take your kids. I always see several CWP holders. I call BS of this one. (Or a mis-understanding)

As a former business owner myself, I refused to "openly" support any political party's agenda. I "personally" was a professed republican; but, I worked in "democrat" controlled areas. So, it was smart for my business not to be on record giving $$$, or "promoting" one political party.

#30 ·
Chick-Fil-A is not AG.

The guy who owns franchises here is PG; P2A and also carry's.

I have never heard of ANY CFA banning firearms. In my town CFA is one of the safest places to take your kids. I always see several CWP holders. I call BS of this one. (Or a mis-understanding)
The political views of a franchise owner have no relation to corporate policy.

#24 ·
I never have any problems OC'ing in chick fil a, most of the time I am in uniform as I am lucky enough to have one down the street from my site, but when I go in civvies, I usually OC as a matter of comfort, nothing has even been said and I havn't even been glanced at sideways

#26 ·
Folks, just so you know the OC dinner went off without a hitch as far as I have read over at OCDO. The main issue is that the press coverage seemed to discourage some of the folks that said they would attend. From the reports I have read about 7 folks showed up. I did not read of any issues.

Everyone take a deep breath. :smile:

#29 ·
I agree. They should have said: "We are glad to serve chicken to whomever shows up and pays for it without taking positions on controversial or political issues. It's all about the chicken."

I'm glad it went off without a hitch...probably all just some media folks trying to stir up some controversy for news. They're all about selling papers.

#28 · (Edited)
I go to Chic-Fill-A all the time, not posted, cc and get the chicken nuggets. If they post it, the poor cow will be eaten elsewhere!

#32 ·
These folks together with their firearms are going to get their bird-on-a-bun and greasy fries, just like any unarmed customer would. That's all they wanted. The restaurant gets their money, which is what they want. Everybody wins! I just love a happy ending.

#33 ·
I rarely go to "Chick" and only through the drive-thru then. Haven't noticed any signs here in FL, but wasn't looking either since I'm in my car. The only businesses I am aware of in FL with "No gun" signs are Toy/Babies-R-Us. But then the signs have no real impact on CC anyhow.

My preference for businesses, in regards to carrying of firearms in any manner, is to "follow state law."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.