Chick-fil-A is anti? News report appears so...

This is a discussion on Chick-fil-A is anti? News report appears so... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rticle-7767583 " ABC111 contacted Chick-fil-A. A corporate spokesperson said the company...Do(es) not endorse the group's political agenda." My comment of their FB page (Wonder how ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A is anti? News report appears so...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Chick-fil-A is anti? News report appears so...

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rticle-7767583

" ABC111 contacted Chick-fil-A. A corporate spokesperson said the company...Do(es) not endorse the group's political agenda."

My comment of their FB page (Wonder how long it will survive):

Really? For Chick-fil-A to be a Christian business, and having a close relative that works there, I find it disheartening that they do not support the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. Our Constitution is based on strong Judeo-Christian principles and values. Self defense is taught in the Bible in several passages.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I see it as a bottom line issue, there are more anti gun than pro gun people in the population.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Wow, that is disheartening. Out of all the fast food places around us, Chic fiil A is our favorite.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

None of the Chic Fil A restuarants that I have been to have been posted with 30.06 signs. Beyond that I wouldn't know if they were anti or not.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Wow, yeah, I love their chicken nuggets. Guess I will carry concealed and if I don't see a sign, I'll go about my business and get my nuggets, or I'll use the drive through.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    It is a business decision,IMO. This is a very large business.If they endorse one group,or allow a group to meet in their stores,what is next?Then they end up in a court battle with some type of discrimination suit?Those of us that believe in concealed carry or open carry,are and will continue to be in the minority,if you look at the big picture. Unless they post their stores,I will give them my $$$

Unless this is a new development throughout the entire chain, I've never seen a sign on one either. Of course, I'm not in one that often, just occasionally. My personal philosophy, if my gun isn't allowed in your store, my money isn't either. Someone else will be glad to get my business.

They may not endorse it, but if they don't post it then I'm going about my meal plan business as usual...which is carrying.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

So how is their not endorsing this group make them "anti"? They aren't prohibiting them, they said in the story they would be treated like any other customers. It looks to me like all they are doing is not taking a postition either way on the issue.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    So how is their not endorsing this group make them "anti"? They aren't prohibiting them, they said in the story they would be treated like any other customers. It looks to me like all they are doing is not taking a postition either way on the issue.
    I see this the same way.

+1 I was just there today carrying. They aren't posted. Neutral isn't anti.

Exclamation "does not endorse" does not obviate "does not agree with"

Remember folks, not adding a political agenda, (even one the owners, franchise owners, whomever, may sincerely agree with & even support) to a corporate stand/attitude does not specifically mean they are against said position. Indeed, not knowing what questions were asked of the corporate rep. makes it difficult to even know their true positioning, "does not endorse the group's political agenda" is indeed a neutral stance, but also may simply mean that they did not "give the interviewer the answer they were looking for" in that they support the opposing view from us!* Not a bad place to be as a business, actually. Anyone ever hear of Starbucks??? Plausible deniability
    I would argue that unless it's tea-tossin time, the CHOICE to NOT to prohibit carry is the stance we should hope & pray most businesses should take. It keeps us going through their doors, as well as the sheep who "don't know no better", & that means they make more $, stay in business, give us places to work & shop/eat, etc. Sometimes a low profile is better than NO profile. As my fellow TXnz said, no 30.06 (legally recognized signage to prohibit concealed carry in TX), so I can continue to enjoy my tasty chicken goodness fried in that crack-oil they use to keep me addicted!

*(Please think seriously before deciding which direction the spin is coming from, & going to. Critical thinking skills, ya'll. This goes without saying, & should be common practice. What "brand" of "news programming"/"fear-mongering, hoplophobic, jackbooted freedom killin, Obama-hole" did this come from again? Is their intent truly fair, balanced journalism?
    Oh yeah... In the interest of full disclosure, it must be reiterated that while I can not explicitly condemn nor defend Chick-fil-A, or even pretend to know their true corporate/franchise positions, I A: DO advocate that WE ALL need to keep our Discerning Caps™ on, & B: whilst I have been provided absolutely NO financial or gastronomical incentives to engineer this post, I most certainly do enjoy their noms, & will happily eat any which they toss in my direction!)

Third Coast Shotgun Surfin Club

I've OC'd in many Chik-Fil-As in Virginia.....haven't had a problem.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'm pretty hard core on not shopping at business that do not respect my right to carry. That said, the above is my stance until I see how these folks are treated. If it was closer I would scoot on out to it myself. I've had no issues with the 2 CFA's local to me.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

According to an 'Action Alert' from North Carolina conservative activist Randy Dye, the Triangle Open Carry Dinner will host "like minded individuals who believe in the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution."

They plan to meet at the Chick-fil-A on North Harrison Avenue at 7 p.m.

ABC11 contacted Chick-fil-A. A corporate spokesperson said the company:

Did not know about the event in advance
    Did not provide the logo Randy Dye used on his website
    Did not give their permission for the event to take place
    Do not endorse the group's political agenda
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/endorse

endorse, indorse [ɪnˈdɔːs]
    vb (tr)
    1. to give approval or sanction
    Endorse means to approve of. Providing this anonymous source at Corporate has a grasp of the English language, they are saying they do not approve of "belief in the Second Amendment to the US Constitution."

Oddly, when you go to their website and click on "Contact Us' nothing shows up. I wanted to ask them personally what the deal was but no luck.

Scratch that, here is the form:

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/?#feedback

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rticle-7767583

Here is my inquiry to them:

As a customer of your restaurants, as well as having a close relative who works for you, I am concerned about some statements in the above referenced article. Since you are a religious based company, I am surprised at the stance you have taken. Self defense is referenced several times in the Bible, and not just in the home. For instance, Nehemiah 4:18 tells us that workers building a wall wore their swords (handguns in modern times) in their belts while they worked. And of course Jesus admonished his disciples to sell their cloaks and purchase swords (presumably a 'short sword,' today's handgun, for self defense in their travels). Can you please advise what, if any, is your corporate stance on citizens lawfully carrying firearms in your restaurants or elsewhere. Further, please explain, if reported accurately in the above referenced article, why you do not "endorse" (approve of) the Second Amendment to the US Constitution, which is the highest law in this land, recently upheld by the US Supreme Court in two landmark decisions, Heller v District of Columbia and McDonald v Chicago. If your official stance is as reported, I will be disappointed but respect your decision. You should be aware that this issue is being discussed on various well populated internet gun forums, and your response, or lack thereof, will be posted for all to read and act on as each member sees fit as it pertains to continued patronage of your various franchise operations. Thank you for your time on this matter.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I didn't read it that way, they just said they would treat them as any other customer, They were telling the press that they weren't a sactionng party to the event. I've never seen a Chick Fil A, that was posted and I carry in them every time I go in.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links