I'm seriously considering a dedicated .22 AR rifle - Page 2

I'm seriously considering a dedicated .22 AR rifle

This is a discussion on I'm seriously considering a dedicated .22 AR rifle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have the m&p 15-22, I bought it so my boys would be able to train on the ar platform. The gun is really well ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm seriously considering a dedicated .22 AR rifle

mrm
    I have the m&p 15-22, I bought it so my boys would be able to train on the ar platform. The gun is really well made aside for the fact the trigger pin came partially out and rendered the safty block useless the first time I went out but that was a very easy fix and has not done to me since. Overall I am pretty pleased with it and we have alot of fun with it.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I have a Remington 597 with the heavy barrel and tac stock on it and I think I shoot it more than any other gun its so much fun! Plus the trigger training transfers over to my AR-15 and helps with training.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Love my new 15-22. Great accurate rifle... havent had a single FTF yet but so far have only run a couple of hundred rounds thru it... of some really old cheap ammo.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

I have a Colt M4 rimfire. It has over 10K rounds thru it in the last year. The only issue has been some dud rounds. I have a friend with a S&W 22 M&P - good gun - no issues. The Colt is heavier but the S&W controls function like a regular AR. My personal preference is the Colt.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

i have a tactical solutions upper on a rock river lower and im lovin it had maybe a dozen failed to fire and failed to eject in the first 200 rounds but after that goes bang every time shooting bulk pack ammo from walmart

Lead Moderator
    I own a 15-22. It runs very well with few stoppages as long as you pay attention to how you load the mags. I prefer it over the Colt clone due to the Smith having all the proper controls. I can easily run 500 rounds through it in an afternoon much cheaper than 5.56 ammo.
    .22's can and are ammo sensitive. Buy some different brands and see what works. I also have owned a 10/22 for many years with few issues as well, the 15-22 is just more fun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links