Savage/Stevens 350 Security 12 gauge

This is a discussion on Savage/Stevens 350 Security 12 gauge within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Who has any experience with these? My LGS has the security model with ghost ring sights and 18.5" bbl for $200. I've been able to ...

Thread: Savage/Stevens 350 Security 12 gauge

Who has any experience with these? My LGS has the security model with ghost ring sights and 18.5" bbl for $200. I've been able to figure out that they are made by Stevens and then sold through Savage, although I'm not sure what all that entails, I've got a couple savage rifles that I like, especially for the price, but know nothing about their shotguns.

Judging from pictures and the lack of ejection port I see on the sides, I'm guessing it dumps the empties out the bottom, along the lines of the old Ithaca 37. Which would be a good feature for a left handed shooter I supposed. Personally I need another HD shotgun like I need a hole in my head, but there are some people I know I have considered buying HD shotguns as gifts. But obviously I'd want to give them something I know would work, so who has experience with these shotguns?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Who has any experience with these? My LGS has the security model with ghost ring sights and 18.5" bbl for $200. I've been able to figure out that they are made by Stevens and then sold through Savage, although I'm not sure what all that entails, I've got a couple savage rifles that I like, especially for the price, but know nothing about their shotguns.

Judging from pictures and the lack of ejection port I see on the sides, I'm guessing it dumps the empties out the bottom, along the lines of the old Ithaca 37. Which would be a good feature for a left handed shooter I supposed. Personally I need another HD shotgun like I need a hole in my head, but there are some people I know I have considered buying HD shotguns as gifts. But obviously I'd want to give them something I know would work, so who has experience with these shotguns?
    From my experience those companies have been around for several decades and seem to make good firearms.
    You may want to be very careful about buying a firearm with the intent to "gift" it,as you may be walking a thin line on what the ATF may deem a "straw purchase".If I transfer ownership,I usually go thru an FFL and transfer it in their name.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm familiar with the ATF's guidelines and the slope you have to walk to follow them, I don't have an issue with that, it will all be done legally.

So, no other input on these shotguns, any idea where stevens produces them at?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

These are Chinese guns made for Stevens/Savage. They are copies of the Ithaca 37. The same import firm also brings in copies of the Winchester 97.
    Last edited by fudo; November 10th, 2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: sp
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Sponsored Links