Bushmaster is a piece of junk. - Page 2

Bushmaster is a piece of junk.

This is a discussion on Bushmaster is a piece of junk. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by INccwchris you started the break in with hollowpoints??? theres your problem, everyone knows use ball ammo for the first 100 rounds to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bushmaster is a piece of junk.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    you started the break in with hollowpoints??? theres your problem, everyone knows use ball ammo for the first 100 rounds to break in the ramp and ejector
    This may sound like a loaded question, but aside from expense what difference would it make what style ammo is used for break in?

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    This may sound like a loaded question, but aside from expense what difference would it make what style ammo is used for break in?
    Sounds like a good question to me, bullet type has nothing to do with ejectors, and you don't "break-in" a feed ramp, steel is harder than lead or a copper jacket.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Talking

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Bushmaster… First time I heard that term associated with a weapon was 1980. It was the designation name of the 25mm auto-cannon designed by Ford Aerospace and Hughes Helicopter. I was a senior test analyst and customer support rep on that project. Now there’s a handgun with that old name. Damn, I guess I’m getting old too!
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Coke is where its at! I think M&M's are pretty good in my popcorn, that thin candy shell keeps them together while the chocolate melts inside!

I shot a bushmaster once and i thought it was a POS also...so i bought a Del-Ton lol...but honestly i didnt care for the fit and finish of the bm for the price and my dt looks nicer, came with 5-30 round mags and was 200 bucks cheaper. Those carbon ARs are sweet though, my buddy has the old proffesional ordnance one, before bushmaster took over.

A lot of rifles (specifically semi-auto rifles) may not ever feed hollow point ammo correctly without some work on the works. This includes some 22LR rifles as well. A Carbon15 is a shorty, and the 9mm round lower powered round than any .223 or 5.56 round (or any rifle round for that matter). Timing and a few other things make an AR15 style firearm work properly. Maybe the 'break-in' isn't so much of an issue. I would personally look into a different buffer, and or spring in this case to slow the cycling speed a bit. This may or may not work better for the HPs in your Bushmaster. Can't say I've heard of many issues with a full size AR15 in 9mm, of course I don't usually hear about running 9mm hollow points through one either. If you really want some answers, call Bushmaster directly and ask for tech support and run the issue by them. I almost know what they'll tell you, and you can enjoy that Yankee accent while you're listening. (1-800-883-6229). Bad experiences happen with any product on the market. Several reasons for bad experiences. A).....you got a lemon. B).....your complete understanding of it's limitations and reading the owner's manual. C).....any variables not previously mentioned.
    One product isn't necessary "junk" until you've ruled out all of the variables and narrowed it down to a fault of the product itself. Out of the four Bushmasters I've owned, one of them had a canted front sight issue which was quickly resolved through customer service. They didn't pay me or re-supply me for my spent ammo, but they made it right. Many here might agree with you on the "Bushmaster is junk" theory. I have my own personal theories about that as well. I won't even attempt to explain it now. Important thing is, I'd like to resolve your issues for you so you are happy with your firearm....not just because you're calling a Bushmaster "junk". I'm into brand name bashing just about as much as I'm into caliber bashing. I keep an open mind unless I've had extensive experiences that lead me to believe otherwise.

So.......does anybody put shredded cheese on their popcorn right after it's hot out of the microwave? I'd sort of like to see some reviews on this if you've never tried it before. College football game day! A good time to try it! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My thoughts as well.
    Mt Dew for me thanks.
    Anyone ever put shredded cheese on their popcorn? You should try it sometime.
    Holy crap your right we shredded some sharp white cheddar on ours today AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Holy crap your right we shredded some sharp white cheddar on ours today AWESOME!!!
    Football season may never be the same. ;)
    Enjoy!

My apologies for getting off subject, or causing others to do so. Seriously.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; November 13th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    you started the break in with hollowpoints??? theres your problem, everyone knows use ball ammo for the first 100 rounds to break in the ramp and ejector
    What? Thats right up there with changing your blinker fluid.

Everybody around here just gets some motor kote from Mom's truck and slaps some on a new gun and you're GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly View Post
    What? Thats right up there with changing your blinker fluid.

Everybody around here just gets some motor kote from Mom's truck and slaps some on a new gun and you're GTG.
    Not now....I'm fixin' to watch the hogs at half time over a bowl of popcorn with shredded cheese on top. Motor oil has nothing to do with it.

But Mobil 1 is low in trans-fats...
    Hopyard likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    But Mobil 1 is low in trans-fats...
    I actually rely on Mobil 1 synthetic for my over-the-hill Dodge truck. I'd never think of cooking my French fries in it. LOL!
    How did we get off subject here? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I actually rely on Mobil 1 synthetic for my over-the-hill Dodge truck. I'd never think of cooking my French fries in it. LOL!
    How did we get off subject here? LOL!
    I think the cheese lead us astray....

Ah,what a strange life i have.My clutch went out in my truck and i decided to rebuild the whole trans.Had to return the Carbon back to Bushmaster and get a refund.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Hey, if my rag-tag Explorer can go 250,000 miles on synthetic oil, one would think a gun should go a few thousand rounds on the stuff.

Does beer go with popcorn? Never mind. Everything goes with beer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links