Help please

This is a discussion on Help please within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Trying to put a swivel sling mount on a marlin 336. Anyone have an easy way of removing the plug from the but stock I ...

Thread: Help please

Help please

Trying to put a swivel sling mount on a marlin 336. Anyone have an easy way of removing the plug from the but stock I have never done it before and don't want to screw it up.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Remove Ads

My question is....why do you need to remove anything from the butt stock to install a sling swivel stud? This should be screwed into the stock itself. Maybe I'm not picturing what's happening here.

VIP Member
    The rifle has a swivel stud on the stock. What plug are you speaking of?

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/pdfs/m...Centerfire.pdf
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I'm betting he's thinking the "Marlin Bullseye" logo is a "plug" for the swivel screw....... NO! Do NOT damage the bullseye logo. Drill behind or ahead of it. I've see a few where the bullseye logo was molested.

surv

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I'm betting he's thinking the "Marlin Bullseye" logo is a "plug" for the swivel screw....... NO! Do NOT damage the bullseye logo. Drill behind or ahead of it. I've see a few where the bullseye logo was molested.
    surv
    That is the only other object on the bottom of the stock so that must be what he is referring to. It would not make sense to replace the swivel screw unless it was broken.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links