How far do you travel to go to the range? - Page 2

How far do you travel to go to the range?

This is a discussion on How far do you travel to go to the range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The range I go to is about a 20 minute drive. They are only open 3 days a week, No rapid fire, No shotguns. I ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How far do you travel to go to the range?

The range I go to is about a 20 minute drive. They are only open 3 days a week, No rapid fire, No shotguns.

I thought about joining the Sportsmen Association that's less than a mile from my place, but I don't know any members. On their website it says you have to get up in front during a meeting and explain why you want to be a member... not really my cup of tea.

15 minutes to a private indoor club range (new - state of the art), 25 minutes to my outdoor club (100 yd, 50yd, 600yd and shotgun ranges) and 50 minutes to an indoor gun store range.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I'm lucky the NRA range in VA is 18 miles away. My Izaac Walton chapter is 10 miles away. I don't use that in the winter-too cold.

I go about 15 miles even though there is a range six miles from me but they charge 13 dollars an hour. The range I do go to charges 5 dollars for seniors and 8 dollars for non seniors. this is the price for all day long and it is inside.

Two miles to a indoor 25 yard pistol range [max .454 caliber] PLUS a 100 yard rifle range with video monitors @ 25, 50, 75, 100 yds [max 375 Weatherby, no armor piercing ammo, no shotguns].

$20 yearly membership; member range fee is $8/hr, $10/hr for non-members

Biggest problem is poor air-conditioning and location in questionable 'hood' neighborhood [do not shoot all of your ammo and re-load to walk-out]

Bullseye Shooting Range

LOL. I've been there several times. "Hood" is right. Just down the road is the local hangout carwash. You can't just walk into the shop/range. You walk into the glass-surrounded foyer and encounter a locked inner door, where you must hit the buzzer and be seen by staff first before they electronically unlock the door. Anyway, it's a nice range but it does get warm in there. The staff are nice and very helpful. I always have a full mag and backup mag going in and out of there. :)

The club that I belong to is about 30 minutes away but I haven't shot there in several years. Mostly I shoot at our land in the country, its about 45 minutes to an hour away. There is also an indoor range about a half hour away but I won't shoot there, Ive had too many shooters there show me their muzzles.

I stopped going to the range.I just go to north Georgia at least once a month to be with friends.We have tons of land to practice,with no rules.We can draw and fire,shoot hanging upside down from a tree,anything we need.

12 miles to pistol range, 30 miles to rifle range.

I've been working on a local Indoor range that will be reopening after being closed for 2 years to the public.The Owner has told me I will have a free lifetime membership for coming up with solutions for all of the problems the range had.It's about 8 miles each way.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    4 minutes to the closest indoor range, $12.00/hr --plenty of rental guns including FA and .50 BMG (for a price)

8 minutes to my preferred indoor range, $8.00/stay till they need the lane for another shooter, if all lanes are full, the first guy there longer than one hour gets asked (politely) to surrender the lane.

For outdoor shooting, 20 minutes form my house either east or west into the mountains for rifle or shotgun, (both free to use, unimproved "casual" ranges)

In the city I work in, 35 minutes south of my home, they have a nice City owned outdoor range with 3-25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges. (Free to use)
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

45 Miles to the range one way for me. Outdoors, 150 yard rifle, pistol, shotgun, draw, rapid fire, rack of 6 steel plates and dueling tree for use. NRA members only and $40.00 per year to use basically whenever I want (daytime). They conduct defensive pistol matches monthly March thru November, church groups have skeet matches, LEO qualify, hunter safety courses etc. I only wish it were closer.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    I stopped going to the range.I just go to north Georgia at least once a month to be with friends.We have tons of land to practice,with no rules.We can draw and fire,shoot hanging upside down from a tree,anything we need.
    So that was you I saw last time I was up there!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

indoor range,,,15 minutes away
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

For me it's out back, I've cleared a 125 yard lane out of some brush. Backstop is built up too for move and shooting practices.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links