expired cpl (mich. holders)

This is a discussion on expired cpl (mich. holders) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a question about my concealed pistol lisense, (mich.) my lisense is due to expire this nov.26th and with the backlog here,probbily be a ...

Thread: expired cpl (mich. holders)

I have a question about my concealed pistol lisense, (mich.) my lisense is due
    to expire this nov.26th and with the backlog here,probbily be a couple of months
    before my renewal is recieved. question being, is the reciept when i pay for my
    renewal an extention of my present lisense or am i unable to ccw until i get my
    renewal. i've heard that the reciept carried with my expired cpl legal. any info.
    would be great. thank you in advance for any info.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Hope this helps

From the CPL application itself: http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf

IV. Concealed Pistol License Renewal Information
    A license to carry a concealed pistol is valid until the applicant’s date of birth that falls not less than 4 years or more than 5 years after the license is issued.
    2 The concealed weapon license board shall issue or deny issuance of a renewal license within 60 days after the application for renewal is properly submitted. The county clerk shall issue the applicant a receipt for his or her renewal application at the time the application is submitted. The receipt shall contain all of the following:

Name of the applicant

Date and time the receipt is issued

The amount paid
    RI-012 (02/2009)
    MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
    Statistical Records Division

A statement that the receipt is for a license renewal

A statement of whether the applicant qualifies for an extension under No. 4 below

The name of the county in which the receipt is issued

An impression of the county seal
    3. If the concealed weapon licensing board fails to deny or issue a renewal license to the person within 60 days of the date of application, the expiration date of the current license is extended by 180 days or until the renewal license is issued, whichever occurs first. The extension does not apply unless the person pays the renewal fee at the time the renewal application is submitted, and the person has submitted a receipt from a police agency that confirms that the background check has been requested by the applicant.
    4. A person carrying a concealed pistol after the expiration date of his or her license pursuant to an extension under No. 3 above shall keep the receipt issued by the county clerk and his or her expired license in his or her possession at all times that he or she is carrying the pistol. For the purposes of Michigan law, the receipt is considered to be part of the license to carry a concealed pistol until a renewal license is issued or denied. Failing to have the receipt and expired license in possession while carrying a concealed pistol or failing to display the receipt to a peace officer upon request is a violation of Michigan law.
    5. An application is considered a renewal if the applicant has received a Concealed Pistol License in compliance with the training requirements set forth in Michigan law after July 1, 2001. A Concealed Pistol License is renewed in the same manner as the original license, which may include fingerprints. For more information about the application process, refer to the Application Process section within this document.
    6. An applicant applying for a renewal is not required to have fingerprints taken again if the applicant’s fingerprints have been submitted to and are maintained by the Michigan State Police. Fingerprints have been maintained by the Michigan State Police since January 1, 2006. If fingerprints were submitted prior to this date, the applicant applying for a renewal does not qualify for this exemption. For renewal applicants that do qualify, the county clerk will provide further instructions.
    7. For an individual licensed after July 1, 2001, and subsequently applying for a renewal, completion of a pistol safety training course is not required. However, the applicant shall sign the statement on the application certifying that he or she has completed at least 3 hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.
    Exception: The training requirements are waived for an individual who is a retired police officer or retired law enforcement officer. The concealed weapon licensing board may require a letter that states the officer retired in good standing.
    8. If there is a lapse between the previous license and the issuance of a new license, the individual has no right to carry a concealed pistol during that time lapse, other than the extension described in No. 3 above.
    9. An individual licensed to carry a concealed pistol may carry the concealed pistol under that license until the license expires or the individual’s authority to carry the concealed pistol is otherwise terminated, whichever comes first.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Quote Originally Posted by ecbaatz View Post
    Hope this helps

From the CPL application itself: http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf

IV. Concealed Pistol License Renewal Information

4. A person carrying a concealed pistol after the expiration date of his or her license pursuant to an extension under No. 3 above shall keep the receipt issued by the county clerk and his or her expired license in his or her possession at all times that he or she is carrying the pistol. For the purposes of Michigan law, the receipt is considered to be part of the license to carry a concealed pistol until a renewal license is issued or denied. Failing to have the receipt and expired license in possession while carrying a concealed pistol or failing to display the receipt to a peace officer upon request is a violation of Michigan law.
    glock27mark the short answer to what you have heard...i've heard that the reciept carried with my expired cpl legal. Yes you can carry with the expired license and receipt.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

need some help on old cpl app.

can someone please post a copy or link for michigans revised 2005 cpl application thanks in advance

Links