expired cpl (mich. holders)
This is a discussion on expired cpl (mich. holders) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a question about my concealed pistol lisense, (mich.) my lisense is due
to expire this nov.26th and with the backlog here,probbily be a ...
November 18th, 2010 07:38 AM
expired cpl (mich. holders)
I have a question about my concealed pistol lisense, (mich.) my lisense is due
to expire this nov.26th and with the backlog here,probbily be a couple of months
before my renewal is recieved. question being, is the reciept when i pay for my
renewal an extention of my present lisense or am i unable to ccw until i get my
renewal. i've heard that the reciept carried with my expired cpl legal. any info.
would be great. thank you in advance for any info.
(SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
the world coming too"
NRA LIFE MEMBER
U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.
November 20th, 2010 06:43 PM
Hope this helps
From the CPL application itself: http://michigan.gov/documents/ri-012_7736_7.pdf
IV. Concealed Pistol License Renewal Information
A license to carry a concealed pistol is valid until the applicant’s date of birth that falls not less than 4 years or more than 5 years after the license is issued.
2 The concealed weapon license board shall issue or deny issuance of a renewal license within 60 days after the application for renewal is properly submitted. The county clerk shall issue the applicant a receipt for his or her renewal application at the time the application is submitted. The receipt shall contain all of the following:
Name of the applicant
Date and time the receipt is issued
The amount paid
MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Statistical Records Division
A statement that the receipt is for a license renewal
A statement of whether the applicant qualifies for an extension under No. 4 below
The name of the county in which the receipt is issued
An impression of the county seal
3. If the concealed weapon licensing board fails to deny or issue a renewal license to the person within 60 days of the date of application, the expiration date of the current license is extended by 180 days or until the renewal license is issued, whichever occurs first. The extension does not apply unless the person pays the renewal fee at the time the renewal application is submitted, and the person has submitted a receipt from a police agency that confirms that the background check has been requested by the applicant.
4. A person carrying a concealed pistol after the expiration date of his or her license pursuant to an extension under No. 3 above shall keep the receipt issued by the county clerk and his or her expired license in his or her possession at all times that he or she is carrying the pistol. For the purposes of Michigan law, the receipt is considered to be part of the license to carry a concealed pistol until a renewal license is issued or denied. Failing to have the receipt and expired license in possession while carrying a concealed pistol or failing to display the receipt to a peace officer upon request is a violation of Michigan law.
5. An application is considered a renewal if the applicant has received a Concealed Pistol License in compliance with the training requirements set forth in Michigan law after July 1, 2001. A Concealed Pistol License is renewed in the same manner as the original license, which may include fingerprints. For more information about the application process, refer to the Application Process section within this document.
6. An applicant applying for a renewal is not required to have fingerprints taken again if the applicant’s fingerprints have been submitted to and are maintained by the Michigan State Police. Fingerprints have been maintained by the Michigan State Police since January 1, 2006. If fingerprints were submitted prior to this date, the applicant applying for a renewal does not qualify for this exemption. For renewal applicants that do qualify, the county clerk will provide further instructions.
7. For an individual licensed after July 1, 2001, and subsequently applying for a renewal, completion of a pistol safety training course is not required. However, the applicant shall sign the statement on the application certifying that he or she has completed at least 3 hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has had at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.
Exception: The training requirements are waived for an individual who is a retired police officer or retired law enforcement officer. The concealed weapon licensing board may require a letter that states the officer retired in good standing.
8. If there is a lapse between the previous license and the issuance of a new license, the individual has no right to carry a concealed pistol during that time lapse, other than the extension described in No. 3 above.
9. An individual licensed to carry a concealed pistol may carry the concealed pistol under that license until the license expires or the individual’s authority to carry the concealed pistol is otherwise terminated, whichever comes first.
EM1(SS) Retired For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.
Kimber Custom II
Kimber Eclips Pro II
Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp
A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink
Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!
November 20th, 2010 08:03 PM
glock27mark the short answer to what you have heard...i've heard that the reciept carried with my expired cpl legal. Yes you can carry with the expired license and receipt.
Originally Posted by ecbaatz
Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member
August 15th, 2012 06:57 PM
need some help on old cpl app.
can someone please post a copy or link for michigans revised 2005 cpl application thanks in advance
By BenGoodLuck in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: February 25th, 2010, 12:38 PM
By natevic in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: January 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM
By Lakerunner in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: March 13th, 2008, 02:23 AM
By Alton in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: May 21st, 2007, 11:29 AM
By ssssthesnake in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: May 13th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Search tags for this page
expired ccw michigan
expired cpl michigan
expired michigan cpl
mi cpl expired
michigan ccw expiration
michigan ccw expired
michigan cpl expiration
michigan cpl expired
michigan expired cpl
my michigan cpl expired
Click on a term to search for related topics.