Guy over on xdtalk.com; wife shot 2 home invaders; credible death threats, etc.

This is a discussion on Guy over on xdtalk.com; wife shot 2 home invaders; credible death threats, etc. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...t-s-aftermath- Home Invasion in Oklahoma, mine (<-- OP on XDTalk, not HeroHog!) We are all ok thanks to my wife. There is no way to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy over on xdtalk.com; wife shot 2 home invaders; credible death threats, etc.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Guy over on xdtalk.com; wife shot 2 home invaders; credible death threats, etc.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...t-s-aftermath-

Home Invasion in Oklahoma, mine (<-- OP on XDTalk, not HeroHog!)
    We are all ok thanks to my wife. There is no way to prepare for a phone call from your wife while you are at work that go exactly like this:

Me: Hi sweetie!
    Wife: I need you home now, I just shot two invaders!
    Me: On the way now! (end of call)

Here are a couple of links to the story:

Mother shoots two home invaders - KFOR

Homeowner Shoots Robbers, Kills 1, Police Say - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Midwest City woman tells police she shot and killed intruder | NewsOK.com

Feel free to search my name here for a post that was titled "What would you do" a couple of months ago. I'm just too tired to find it right now.

We moved everything we own out of the house and into storage for now due to threats against my family. We ended up needing over nine hours of Midwest City PD protection due to this situation. If you are one of them, all I can say is thank you with all of my heart!

Since most of us are here to learn and prepare ourselves for this type of situation, I plan on doing a full right up at a later date to try and help all of us and I would like very must to make it as interactive as possible.

It may be several days before I can get back on here as my like has been turned upside down right now but i welcome your thoughts and comments. The police have my XDm 9mm in their possession and I may not get it back in time for a pistol class I was going to be taking on Sunday but then again a guess I just need my wife to show me what I need to know...

Thanks to all of you over the last year as I visit this site several times daily. Even though I don't say much here I have learned a great deal.
    He posted back in August 2010 a what would you do thread
    http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...ld-you-do.html

Actual Home Invasion Thread with news links
    http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...homa-mine.html

Lessons learned
    http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...-oklahoma.html

Frustration setting In
    http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...need-vent.html
    Link to help him out, if you so desire.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-...eeds-help.html
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Wow. Their lives turned upside down and all they did was protect themselves. Very sobering read on the realities of the aftermath.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

It's a decision you really should make in advance with full knowledge of the consequences. Things can and likely will get out of hand very quickly. Most people don't have a clue as to the amount of money which will be involved if you shoot someone, regardless of the justification.

As Ayoob often says, "There are no winners to a gunfight, only first losers." This case is a clear example where even the survivor can still lose a lot. Their lives are totally torn apart. Yet, they are still alive. A woman home alone with two small children to protect has very few options available to her when two home invaders break and enter.

Things are happening lightning fast with maximum sensory overload to your emotions while you try to determine what is happening and what to do. Most people, no matter how well they think they have prepared, don't actually believe it will happen to them, so there is likely a period of time where you deny to yourself what is actually happening. Like this couple is finding out, once the shooting is over, you'll likely have very little time to decompress after the incident before the aftermath starts to rain down upon you.

All I can say is that everyone who intends to use a gun for self defense of themself and their family to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. To me, this woman had little if no other choice. I can't say how things would have been different had she tried to hold them at gunpoint and call the police or let them escape. No one can know what will happen until it plays out. But it is what it is. She shot two people, killed one and now the family is living out a nightmare scenario. I think she made the correct choice, but that is of little consequence to the family who is living out this nightmare scenario.

I hope things improve for them quickly and they can put it behind them, salvage their family, and move on. My prayers go out to them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Looks like those threads are gone already. "Page not found" on all of them.

Senior Moderator
    Links in the opening post fixed.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    It sounds like the real part that is tearing their life apart is the threats against their family. Retaliation is a real issue. If no charges are being pressed, I have no idea why they took the firearm into custody. His wife did what she had to do, and did it right. Gangs piss me off.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

GM
    Holy smoke! That was very bad. I am glad that she and the children are OK.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Wow, quite a story. Why can't the police find out who is making the threats against them and do something about it. Take out a restraining order/protection order against them. I know it's just a piece of paper and doesn't mean much, but at least it will send a message to them that the police know who they are, should something happen to this family in retaliation.

I guess not all instances where someone shoots another person in self defense turn out this bad, where they get threatened with retaliation and have to move and lose their savings, etc. It is a shame that this has happened in this case.

I'm glad the family is doing ok despite everything. My prayers go out to them in hopes that they get relocated to another state and get out from under the house.

The media screwed them up on this one.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Wow, quite a story. Why can't the police find out who is making the threats against them and do something about it. Take out a restraining order/protection order against them. I know it's just a piece of paper and doesn't mean much, but at least it will send a message to them that the police know who they are, should something happen to this family in retaliation.

I guess not all instances where someone shoots another person in self defense turn out this bad, where they get threatened with retaliation and have to move and lose their savings, etc. It is a shame that this has happened in this case.

I'm glad the family is doing ok despite everything. My prayers go out to them in hopes that they get relocated to another state and get out from under the house.

The media screwed them up on this one.
    When my wife reported 3 teens and they were thrown in jail for burglary, we feared retaliation because they were gang members. We told the police that, and asked to have our names withheld from them. The police gave the criminals her name anyway because she was the witness. They told us "at least if they do retaliate, we'll know who to start our investigation with". Sure enough, they retaliated. The police did nothing except fill out a report. My truck was vandalized and covered in shoe/handprints on the hood, but the police wouldn't take prints or anything. I was furious.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I hate gangs.Drugs,sex,money,drugs,showing off.Thats it.

Also,perfect example of needing more than one gun.Granted,i only have 2,but i can carry my .500 if need be.

I hope things go well for the family.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

VIP Member
    Mods this should be required reading for all members new and old.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Our legal system seems to coddle the criminals ( which they take full advantage of) and gives the victims of their heinous behavior the shaft. This sickens me. Threats of retaliation should merit strict punishment. Sorry for ranting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Mods this should be required reading for all members new and old.
    There's a lot of truth in this statement. Maybe something could be compiled and turned into a sticky since this is one aspect of home protection that I bet most people wouldn't ever consider until it was too late.

Time for a couple of abrams and shermans with .50s mounted on top for this couple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links