Bersa Thunder 380 question

This is a discussion on Bersa Thunder 380 question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just purchased a used Bersa Thunder 380, and this past weekend had a chance to get out to the range and put it through it ...

Thread: Bersa Thunder 380 question

Just purchased a used Bersa Thunder 380, and this past weekend had a chance to get out to the range and put it through it paces. We shot a box of American Eagle-95-GR FMJ threw it with no issues at the range. After cleaning the weapon I was putting it back in the box, I went looking for the safety keys at the bottom of the box where I found them along with some other papers and a repair tag ? that said "Trigger Will Not Set" Don't know how it didn't show up when we were shooting but sure enough when I started tinkering with it wouldn't reset. Only way it resets is if you slide your finger off the trigger so it has a little more speed going forward. In the picture is the disconnector spring broken ? or is that normal ? maybe to keep pressure on the Drawbar ?
    Attached Images
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Put the left side of the spring under the drawbar. When cleaning your pistol don't test or pull the trigger with the slide off or spring may pop off again. Best of luck on the fix the Bersa is a slick gun.

P.S. Thumbnails suck I had a better post made, but the TN messed that up. Also, the Reply to thread button puts me into this 'Quick Reply' mumbo jumbo.

http://imageshack.us/ is da bomb for quick uploading of pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Put the left side of the spring under the drawbar. When cleaning your pistol don't test or pull the trigger with the slide off or spring may pop off again. Best of luck on the fix the Bersa is a slick gun.

P.S. Thumbnails suck I had a better post made, but the TN messed that up. Also, the Reply to thread button puts me into this 'Quick Reply' mumbo jumbo.

http://imageshack.us/ is da bomb for quick uploading of pics.
    Thanks for the info, I don't know whats up with QR thing I'm using an old laptop since my other one fried the Video card. What is TN ? that messed your post up ? thanks again
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

I shortened thumbnail to TN. Anyhow, I had typed in this QR box clicked your TN and then clicked inside of of the pic and wham good bye text. Anyway, back to the pistol at hand. You will find a grove underneath the drawbar thats where it rests. Also, make sure the tight end of the recoil spring is put on first.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Colorado guns works apparently does good work on Bersa if you need professional repair. A couple of years ago, a batch of bersa needed to have their disconnector springs replaced because of quality issues.

I bought a CC Stainless model a few years ago and mine had the EXACT same problem right out of the box.

The stupid/sucky thing was that I didn't discover it until I'd driven the hour (1 way) home, took it out of the box and package, and dry-fired it.
    Stupid and painful lesson learned to examine potential purchases much closer at the dealer before I surrender my money and leave the premesis.

The trigger spring could've been broken instead of the disconnect.

I took the handgun back and exchanged it for the same model and haven't had any problems years & several hundred rounds since.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

A buddy of mine bought one from someone VERY cheap that had the exact same problem. We took it apart, put the spring back as described above, and it's been a super shooter ever since. When people take them apart (for whatever reason), this spring tends to get out of position. Make sure it goes back into the slot and you won't have any issues with it. This is an easy DIY fix and if you know the secret to this issue, you can often pick one up on the cheap and have a good reliable weapon with about 5 minutes worth of effort.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    This is one of the common complaints with the Bersa 380. It's a good gun, and like all makes, those with problems make the most noise and make them all look bad.

I almost bought one, but it was a bit bigger than what I wanted. In my research, I kept reading about a guy in Colorado (sorry, can't recall the name, may be the place mentioned in a previous reply) that is considered the grand guru of Bersas and works wonders on them. If you continue to have problems, I'd suggest tracking down his name and giving him a chance to look at it. Everyone has been very pleased with his work.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links