Another satisfied M&P15-22 owner

This is a discussion on Another satisfied M&P15-22 owner within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A few days ago I went out and purchased a brand new M&P15-22 after hearing good things about them. I am pleased to say that ...

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

A few days ago I went out and purchased a brand new M&P15-22 after hearing good things about them. I am pleased to say that I can practice on the AR platform for a fraction of the cost. I ran well over 600 rounds of the 36 grain Federal CHAMPION 525 round value boxes of .22LR ammunition and not one single malfunction. It was shooting a bit low for me right out of the box but I adjusted the sights a bit and it hit almost point of aim at 25 yards.The Ruger 10/22 I had would jam constantly on this stuff. Accuracy exceeded my expectations and when I do eventually buy another .223 AR-15 I think I'll have practiced on the M&P15-22 enough to know how to run the center-fire counterpart really well.

I highly recommend this rifle to any AR-15 fan or someone looking to get a fun gun to shoot that won't break the bank!

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I wanna get that same M&P15-22 for target practice and for fun. How much did you pay for it?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I paid 489 and got a free box of .22 ammo with it from my gun shop!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I'm curious about these, It looks like, on other pics, that the take down is the same as with a full sized AR. The mag size is the same too, so, can this lower be used with a true AR upper?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

The take down is pretty much the same as the center-fire version and operation of the rifle is exactly the same with functioning charging handle and bolt catch. This is a dedicated .22 so it cannot be used with AR-15 uppers and lowers, and yes the magazines are the same size.

I have one as well and as long as its not 500+ rounds dirty then it functions perfectly. once it gets dirty it gets a little less reliable, but no big deal. It will empty the magazine as fast as you can pull the trigger...lots of fun
    Drew Steele NREMT-P
    Kimber Custom 2 TLE
    Glock 23
    Glock 36
    Sig 229
    Ruger LCP

Congrats
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Congrats on your gun purchase. I'm wanting to buy one for the same purpose. My local shop has it for $389 with a red dot sight. I'm having a hard time justifying the $400 if I could get 1000 rounds of 223 for the same money, and practice on my own gun...
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

I bought one for my boys to shoot. I may need to buy a second one so they can shoot it.
    It is a great little gun.
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

Links