Apocalypse PA

Apocalypse PA

This is a discussion on Apocalypse PA within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; On History Channel tonight. I just watched this show, which shows a family in Pa Who's dad is preparing his family for a break down ...

Thread: Apocalypse PA

Apocalypse PA

On History Channel tonight. I just watched this show, which shows a family in Pa Who's dad is preparing his family for a break down in society. Its kind of a how to show with some humor.

Its pretty neat of you are interested in this type of thing. Check your local listings for times.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thanks for the heads up. I find myself being drawn more and more to this state of preparedness that is striking so many folks. I'll be watching it (if it's not on too late).

Administrator
    It's a pretty good show & parts of it are decently funny.

I'm now also building a truck that can run on wood chips and dried horse manure.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Forget the truck running on manure--ride the dang horse. It will keep going after it runs out of manure!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I find myself being drawn more and more to this state of preparedness that is striking so many folks. I'll be watching it (if it's not on too late).

My DVR is set to record it at 1900 and 1930. It looks like it's going to be half hour shows.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Saw this right after watching "Apocalypse Man". THAT show was a joke. This one, not so much. They're intentionally portraying dad as a bit over the top, but what I've seen so far was good, real info.

Apocalypse Man is more likely to get a bunch of people killed.

I was only 5 minutes in when I switched it off. I was hoping for more of a doc than reality show.
    Just my tastes in shows.

Recently my situation has become so that i can move back home soon,get away from the city.Their i can build a truly awesome home with everything i could ever need.Tens of thousands of rounds of ammo.Giant freezers full of meat and fruit,hundreds of ramen noodles.Windows just like Will Smiths in I Am Legend.Several 5 gallon jugs of diesel,gas,oil,coolant,atf,brake fluid.Generator,batteries,tools,spare parts for my truck and guns.

It's always good to be prepared for any kind of disaster ( life interrupting ) regardless if it's man-made or natural disaster. We use to teach folks to be prepared to be self sufficient for 72 hours. I have carried that to 30 days and recommend that or more to all my friends. Just look at the strikes in Greece and France and how it disrupted normal life for weeks. Imagine, no grocery store, gas station, power etc. for several weeks and you can plan for how you would handle it.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

THe History Channel had a two hour one a while back called After Armageddon, that was pretty good. It depicted the exploits of a family, After Armageddon, with inserts by experts in various fields.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    THe History Channel had a two hour one a while back called After Armageddon, that was pretty good. It depicted the exploits of a family, After Armageddon, with inserts by experts in various fields.
    I watched this online awhile ago. I would recommend it.

I particularly liked the second show of the series showing how to make BP and ammo for a cap & ball pistol - as well as a home made canon - and how to build a whisky still!

As several others said, it's a semi-serious series with a lot of humor thrown in about how one family has decided to deal with a potentially deadly serious scenario. These are not really hard core survivalists who are bunkering down for the final apocalypse. These are people that could be our friends, family or the neighbors who live down the road that are seeing if they can do what it takes to get by if the time ever does comes. I find it refreshing and enjoy the fact they are willing to laugh at themselves (and have us laugh with/at them as well) in the process.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Sponsored Links