Massad Ayoob's "significant other's" son stabbed, nearly killed, in Chicago - Page 2

Massad Ayoob's "significant other's" son stabbed, nearly killed, in Chicago

This is a discussion on Massad Ayoob's "significant other's" son stabbed, nearly killed, in Chicago within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't know anything about Mr. Ayoob or his family but I surmise (that's how people assume without the ass-u-me repercussions) that this was a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massad Ayoob's "significant other's" son stabbed, nearly killed, in Chicago

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I don't know anything about Mr. Ayoob or his family but I surmise (that's how people assume without the ass-u-me repercussions) that this was a GF or second wife's son, not strictly speaking, his son. Who knows, the guy might be a certified gun grabber. I hate that it happened but Mr. Ayoob has a soapbox now and an opportunity that rarely presents itself in the pro-gun world. Will he go public and ride the guy's story through the press, courts or legislative chambers? Time will tell I guess.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

GM
    Glad that he will be OK.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I wonder when the Mayor will ban knives?

Quote Originally Posted by vic40204 View Post
    I wonder when the people of Chicago will wake up and stop looking to their ineffective government to do for them what they should be doing for themselves?

The Chicago Gun Ban is what the people of that city want, as well as the high crime. This is evidenced by whom they elect to office. I seriously doubt that anything will change in that cesspool, no matter how much we wish it would.

Biker

When one stops and thinks about this situation for a minute, it starts to sink in that it really is preposterous that our government representatives can sit in well-guarded safe rooms and vote individually to pass laws that deprive their constituents of the means to defend their very lives. Infuriating !!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I wonder ... One of the country's leading security and defense experts has a close family member gutted like a fish in a city that despises a well-defended citizenry and the liberty to do so. In a strange way, this specific crime might have a chance at being the straw that broke the camel's back, helping to start an unquenchable firestorm of criticism that ends up changing the position taken by anti-liberty, anti-defense Chicago. Perhaps.

^^^^^^^^^^^Strikes me as odd also!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My thoughts go out to Mas and his family. Tough times, with a close family member on a gurney.

May the one who attempted murder be caught soon and dealt with appropriately.

QUOTE=ctsketch;1811871ugh, I hate knives

^^^^^^^YEP to bold above ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by vic40204 View Post

^^^^^^^^^You'd think with thier mindset, that ball would have already been rolling,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by CURMUDGEON5 View Post
    When one stops and thinks about this situation for a minute, it starts to sink in that it really is preposterous that our government representatives can sit in well-guarded safe rooms and vote individually to pass laws that deprive their constituents of the means to defend their very lives. Infuriating !!
    California's abomination of an Assembly has dictated that not only (a) individual county sheriffs get to make the decision as to whether you're qualified to be issued a CHL (it's a might-issue state), and (b) that being prepared to defend one's very life isn't considered sufficient cause to be issued a CHL. If defense of one's own life isn't sufficient cause, my God ... then what is?

'Infuriating' isn't the word. Something more along the lines of 'Criminal' is closer.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Glad the man lived through it.Knives are very dangerous even if a person is armed,which this man was not,I suppose.
    If you live in the city of Chicago, then you pretty much give up the right to be able to arm yourself for protection.

I wonder if he and his family will now move? No job is worth enduring this sort of thing.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    This is truly sad. I grew up on the northwest side of Chicago and lived there until I graduated from college in the 60's. At that time I could walk or ride my bike anywhere at any time of the day or night and feel safe. I used to hop on an el and go downtown, walk all around, go in stores and come back home without a worry. Sure there are bad people out there, but you can't convince me otherwise that things have gotten so out of hand because of inaction and malfeasance on the part of King Richard and his minions. As usual, law abiding citizens are punished and the criminals walk free. I tried to tell people Obama was one of them, but they just wouldn't listen.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    If you live in the city of Chicago, then you pretty much give up the right to be able to arm yourself for protection.

I wonder if he and his family will now move? No job is worth enduring this sort of thing.

You're right about that. One reason why I chose not to pick my orders over there for Navy Drill Instructor Duty (often referred to as a Recruit Divisional Commander) in Great Lakes. If I did that, I'd have to leave all my guns, except my Mossberg, to my family, while stationed over there.

Massad Ayoob is to blame for this because he let his step son live in chicago..

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykeny View Post
    Dude:

I have news for you: Parents cannot even control what their own adult children do, let alone their stepchildren.

What a horrible and absolutely false statement.

Yes, god forbid his step son is his own person and can make his own decisions.

Also, not all of us live in a fantasy world we can all choose to live, work, and play (and/or go to school) in super gun friendly locations.

psst: Don't feed the troll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links