Gsg 1911-22

This is a discussion on Gsg 1911-22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ever since I bought my M&P15-22 I've been really wanting a pistol in .22LR. I was pretty much set on getting a Browning Buckmark until ...

Thread: Gsg 1911-22

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Gsg 1911-22

Ever since I bought my M&P15-22 I've been really wanting a pistol in .22LR. I was pretty much set on getting a Browning Buckmark until I read something on another forum about the GSG 1911-22. I did a bit of digging around on the web about this 1911 chambered in .22LR and it seems to get good reviews. I'm most interested in getting one of these so I can run some transition drills and not pay out the rear for ammo. I'm looking to get lots of practice at the range for little money. Are there any GSG 1911-22 owners on here? If so how do you like yours?

Thanks!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

A few months back I was looking for a general use .22 pistol, the GSG was one of my choices, the discussion can be found here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...elp&highlight=

I opted for a number of reasons not to go with the GSG, and went with a Ruger 22/45 instead, which has the controls and stuff set up to be like a 1911.

If you already have a 1911, look into getting a conversion kit, so you can still use your controls and trigger and stuff.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

As a retired toolmaker, the GSG is hands-down, the best workmanship of what's currently offered. The barrel is pinned, and screwed to the frame. There's a good review of the gun here.... Review: GSG 1911 - INGunOwners You can see on the pic of the right side, the barrel pin, the slide stop pin (in the middle) and the barrel retaining screw. The gun has very close to the same weight, feel, and balance of a full sized 1911, and the controls are in exactly the same place. I ran 550 rounds thru it without cleaning it, with two failures to fire, and those were good firing pin strikes, but the rounds did not fire. (bulk pak ammo) Accuracy was good, 2" groups at 30 feet off of sandbags. The pistol handled high velocity (Fed bulk pak) as well as standard velocity (Wolf Match Target) with no issues.

Take down tools and chamber brushes are provided. For those who are so inclined, the barrel is threaded for a suppressor, and comes with a thread protector.

80% of the parts interchange...

Barrel Bushing
    Front & Rear Site
    Hammer
    Trigger
    Grip Safety
    the Whole Main Spring Housing
    Thumb Safety
    Sear
    Disconnector
    Sear Spring
    Grip Panels (but not the screws because they're in metric)
    Mag Release
    Sear Pin
    Hammer Pin
    Plunger Tube
    Plunger Spring

I have NOT tried to interchange all these parts... just sayin'.... this is hearsay from a stocking dealer.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Links