Defensive Carry banner

When you open your safe,what do you see?

3K views 52 replies 46 participants last post by  bmcgilvray 
#1 · (Edited)
You wake up tomorrow morning and look in your gun safe.Whats in there?

I see about 500 12 gauge slugs and shells of assorted shot.300 or so rounds of 350 grain COR-BON .500 S&W magnum,and over 1000 rounds of 230 grain Federal .45acp jhp.And 3 extra magazines for the Springfield TRP i have on my side.If i didnt take them everywhere,my safe would also have a Benelli M2 with a Surefire light and a S&W .500 with a 4" barrel.

What do you see?

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC AND TELL US WHAT MODEL GUNS AND SUCH.

#12 ·
I agree.Every forum has lurkers that never post and probably have other motives.It is interesting to know and sometime see what other gun owners have,but there are surely members that are not who they appear to be.And that is no offense to the OP.I just question the wisdom of listing what you have.

#7 ·
I have two COM safes, one in each vehicle, they are both empty as I am carrying my EDC.

#8 ·
When I open my safe, I see very few firearms since I just started my love with self-defense weapons only 10 months ago. I currently only have 4 handguns (HK, Walther, S&W and Beretta) and no shotguns or rifles. I do have plenty of ammo in .40 S&W, 9mm, .380 ACP and .38+P. Nonetheless, I am in the works of extending "the family" in my safe to include a Mossberg 590A1, a Beretta Px4 Storm .45 ACP, a Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum and a Kimber 1911 .45 ACP. I'm not a big fan of rifles, but I think that I will eventually get a Bushmaster AR-15 and a Remington 700 in .308 Winchester. The problem is that in Costa Rica firearms are twice as expensive as in the USA so it will take longer for me to get there.

#15 ·
-A taurus .22 revolver (not working quite right needs to go back to taurus....big surprise)
-marlin mod 60 22 rifle with cheap barska scope. 15 years old with countless bricks through it and still goin strong!
-several bricks of 22 ammo
- My bulgarian ak74 with its marshmellow painted stocks, ultimak rail, primary arms micro dot and tapco stock.
-a spam can of 5.45 to feed the ak after society crumbles, and some cheap wolf to plink with until that happens:)
-870 remy express. Its in goose mode currently but can be seen in Hd mode after turkey season.
-several boxes of 00 buck, #4 buck, triple BB, #2,3,4,5,9 and T shot for said shotgun
-A mosin nagant m91. Best 90 bucks ever spent at a big 5. Can be used as emergency club,shovel,spear,boat oar,etc.
-spam can of 440 rds 7.62x54r for the mosin. I'd probably give this to a friend to help me fight off invading zombies or chinese.
-keltec p3at loaded with plain jane fmj range ammo, because they are the most reliable and with denim and milk jugs, hollow points don't seem that impressive out of such a tiny barrel.
-glock 19 with 2 extra mags in my gunvault safe by the bed. loaded with Ranger +p currently because i shot up all my gold dots.
-several bayoneys, assisted open knives, flashlights,med kit,cleaning supplies,targets,batteries, etc.....
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

Big safe and not enough guns...........hmm what to do?

As far as being worried about other people knowing what i have...........well if you are smart enough to track me down via this website, as i move every few years, and you want to steal my guns....good luck i guess. Seems like alot of work for a few grand worth of artillary. And if i'm home when you try i will be very grumpy and shooty.

If i'm supposed to be worried about the government, all my guns were bought legally through stores, so I'm sure they already know or could find out without searching this site.

Are these the reasons for being shy with the gun listing or am i missing something? No one seems shy about showing off a new piece when they first buy it so.................?

#16 ·
I have more than enough, but not everything I want.

#42 ·
Lost mine as well.

Still wonder why I decided to go boating with my only .22 single shot rifle and the only .22 bullet I owned.

Am so sad.

Dirty

#22 ·
I don't have room in my safe for ammo. It's full of guns.

Should have bought a bigger safe.:embarassed:

Reactions: Grandpagus
#27 ·
long guns inside in the racks, empty racks for more long guns (especially an AR).
handguns in peg-board hangers on the door.
slings hanging on large cup hooks in the back.
a little ammo (ok, a good quantity) for each firearm, a whole boat load of primary ~ in the bottom.
all the mags and speed loaders I own, all my knives (very small to large) in boxes on a shelf.
very important papers, very important audio cassette tapes, very important video tapes on a shelf.
different flash drives dedicated to certain important files hanging on small teacup hooks on inside of the door.
various size batteries on a shelf to keep kids out (grown & small) so I'll have some when I need them.
various size flash lights on a shelf and hanging around to keep kids out (grown & small) so I'll have some when I need them.
extra keys hanging on small teacup hooks to keep kids out (grown & small) so I'll have them when I need them.
push-bezel battery powered led light mounted to ceiling inside.

oh yeah, 2 BB/pellet guns and a sling-shot. That pretty well fills it up. I think I'm gonna need another safe! :blink:

#30 ·
When you open your safe,what do you see?
To be honest......that I need a bigger safe, or a second one.

#31 ·
You wake up tomorrow morning and look in your gun safe.Whats in there?

What do you see?
The need for a much bigger safe, or a 3rd one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.