Kahr pm9 question

This is a discussion on Kahr pm9 question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I will be buying a pm9 soon. I will probably be buying online since I'm having trouble finding the one I want in stock anywhere. ...

Thread: Kahr pm9 question

Kahr pm9 question

I will be buying a pm9 soon. I will probably be buying online since I'm having trouble finding the one I want in stock anywhere. My question is... are the night sights worth the extra $$$? I have not been able to see the night sights anywhere. I also have no experience with night sights. Thanks for your opinion.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jmc0106 View Post
    I will be buying a pm9 soon. I will probably be buying online since I'm having trouble finding the one I want in stock anywhere. My question is... are the night sights worth the extra $$$? I have not been able to see the night sights anywhere. I also have no experience with night sights. Thanks for your opinion.
    They help a lot with low light shooting and since bad guys seem to like the dark...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

GM
    You can bet they are! Perhaps not during the day, but when it is dark .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    The factory night sights for the Kahr PM9 are good quality sights, and do show up well in the dark.

Another option is to install a Crimson Trace LaserGuard sight on the gun. Costs $159 from Shooter's Resource:

https://www.shooters-resource.com/mm...ct_Code=LG-437

I was amazed at how extremely bright the light is after I installed it on my PM9:

Definitely worth it to get night sights... I also have the CT Laser Guard and love it as well.
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

I have the night sights on my PM4- from the factory and they are great quality and show up in dark perfectly. We are all issued night sights on our Duty Glocks and the night sights on the PM40 from the factory are just as great. GET THEM, you will not be disappointed.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I think they are worth the extra funds........and as some others have stated, the CT Laserguard is the perfect compliment to the PM9. Its a great little 9mm package. Any extra advantage you can have in a life or death gun fight is well worth the money IMO. And these advantages are real, not worthless addons.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Having a black slide and night sights jacks the price up allot on the PM9, but it is a nicer piece that way.

jmc0106, I would opt for the CT laserguard and skip the night sights. With nightsights I find my self concentrating for that extra half second or second, where with the laser, squeeze, point, shoot.

I am also sniffing this pistol, along with two or three similar ones. If I see it come into stock for $500 at one of my fav online retailers , I'll shoot you a PM.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

I wanted one so bad I could feel the recoil. Happened upon two of them "used" (ever so slightly that is) in the same gun store. One with night sights, one without. Can't remember what he wanted for the one without night sights, because I jumped on the one with night sights for $559. It is my favorite EDC.

You will want the night sights.

NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Wow, tkruf, GREAT price on that gun! I love the night sights on my PM9. I was just looking at several online gunsellers and the PM9 and 40 can't be had new below $600, more like $700 now. I was looking at a journal I keep and I got mine about a year ago for $679 shipped. It's my favorite EDC-Black Diamond with night sights. I'll have to check out the lasers...
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Thanks to everyone for replying. Great info. I think I'm going with the pm9, black slide, and buying a CT. I really appreciate the feedback...

The experience that made me go with night sites was trying to fire an LCP in a range with relatively poor lighting. Unfortunately I couldn't line up a decent shot because the rudimentary sites were invisible to me. Sure they were 'on the target' at 5 yards or so but that made me think... Now, of my 3 pistols I have night sites on 2 of them, and the third (a Kahr MK9) will be receiving them soon.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Uhhhh Lance, finger off the trigger for safety please!! lol, how does the laser activate?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Links