Defensive Carry banner

Kahr pm9 question

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  INccwchris 
#1 ·
I will be buying a pm9 soon. I will probably be buying online since I'm having trouble finding the one I want in stock anywhere. My question is... are the night sights worth the extra $$$? I have not been able to see the night sights anywhere. I also have no experience with night sights. Thanks for your opinion.

#3 ·
I will be buying a pm9 soon. I will probably be buying online since I'm having trouble finding the one I want in stock anywhere. My question is... are the night sights worth the extra $$$? I have not been able to see the night sights anywhere. I also have no experience with night sights. Thanks for your opinion.
You can bet they are! Perhaps not during the day, but when it is dark :yup:.

#6 ·
I have the night sights on my PM4- from the factory and they are great quality and show up in dark perfectly. We are all issued night sights on our Duty Glocks and the night sights on the PM40 from the factory are just as great. GET THEM, you will not be disappointed.

#7 ·
I think they are worth the extra funds........and as some others have stated, the CT Laserguard is the perfect compliment to the PM9. Its a great little 9mm package. Any extra advantage you can have in a life or death gun fight is well worth the money IMO. And these advantages are real, not worthless addons.

#9 ·
jmc0106, I would opt for the CT laserguard and skip the night sights. With nightsights I find my self concentrating for that extra half second or second, where with the laser, squeeze, point, shoot.

I am also sniffing this pistol, along with two or three similar ones. If I see it come into stock for $500 at one of my fav online retailers , I'll shoot you a PM.

#10 ·
I wanted one so bad I could feel the recoil. Happened upon two of them "used" (ever so slightly that is) in the same gun store. One with night sights, one without. Can't remember what he wanted for the one without night sights, because I jumped on the one with night sights for $559. It is my favorite EDC.

You will want the night sights.

#11 ·
Wow, tkruf, GREAT price on that gun! I love the night sights on my PM9. I was just looking at several online gunsellers and the PM9 and 40 can't be had new below $600, more like $700 now. I was looking at a journal I keep and I got mine about a year ago for $679 shipped. It's my favorite EDC-Black Diamond with night sights. I'll have to check out the lasers...

#13 ·
The experience that made me go with night sites was trying to fire an LCP in a range with relatively poor lighting. Unfortunately I couldn't line up a decent shot because the rudimentary sites were invisible to me. Sure they were 'on the target' at 5 yards or so but that made me think... Now, of my 3 pistols I have night sites on 2 of them, and the third (a Kahr MK9) will be receiving them soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.