"Intuit" Appears To Be Anti-Gun

This is a discussion on "Intuit" Appears To Be Anti-Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not sure if this fits better in another section, so I posted here in the General Discussion area... I subscribe to a local shop's newsletter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Intuit" Appears To Be Anti-Gun

Not sure if this fits better in another section, so I posted here in the General Discussion area...

I subscribe to a local shop's newsletter and in the edition I received today is the following paragraph:

"- Here is an excerpt from a message sent from one of our suppliers that should disturb any pro-gun American:

"Bill Jenkins, President of CW Jenkins Consulting and 10X Gunsmithing in Vero Beach, Florida, sent me a note Friday which was simple in its content and surprising in the message:

"The industry should be aware that Intuit, who owns Quicken, Quick Books, Quicken Loans, Turbo tax and Homestead Technologies, has issued the following notice while suspending my web site. "....we do not support or service anyone who manufactures, distributes or sells firearms."

That will certainly affect my decision about using any of their services."

--------------------------

I tried to find an email addy on there site to contact them but can't seem to find 1.

I didn't find one either... at least none that were relevant for a general email comment.
    Closest I saw was on the 'Contact Us' page, on the right side is a list for other contact options... but even there, nothing quite fit.

Only contact for corporate HQ is a street address or telephone #.

I selected feedback on the Contacts Us page and then selected the product that I have purchased and would have purchased.

I thought this might be a false claim, but it's right here in their terms of service: http://websites.intuit.com/~site/Leg...service.ffhtml "1.1.2 You agree not to sell, distribute, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, distribution of: firearms, explosives, ammunition, tobacco (including e-cigarettes), alcohol products as well as any products or services that (i) you cannot legally sell, (ii) are misrepresented, and/or (iii) if sold using the website building Services, could cause Intuit or its affiliates to violate any law, statute or regulation."

I for one have never utilized their services, but will not be doing so in the future for sure.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I used taxact last year instead of Turbotax. Saved some money and the results were remarkably similar to the crosscheck to the previous year's Turbotax. Not going back.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Damn, and I loved turbotax too
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Damn, and I loved turbotax too
    Same here and it looks as if they are making a blanket statement trying to be politically correct across all fronts but I will take my money elsewhere.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

When power is up for grabs; personal liberty is usually one of the first casualties…

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have not been a fan of theirs for quite a while. They use deceptive advertising for their professional tax packages. They send envolopes with solicitations with the outside marked 'invoice enclosed" to make you open their paper spam. this is just another nail on the coffin for me.

For me, it is just another reason not to buy any products from them. I used Turbotax for years, even prior to their acquisition by Intuit. However, a couple of years ago, Intuit started quietly incorporating spyware, C-Dilla software, into their Turbotax products. They will tell you how to uninstall the spyware software, you just have to really search their website to find the instructions.

The spyware deal was such a turn-off for me that I have used H&R Block's rival tax preparation program ever since. This latest revelation about Intuit corporate philosophy merely seals their coffin for me. I don't feel inclined to give a xenophobic corporation any more of my money.
    Last edited by boomer1; December 6th, 2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: clarification

VIP Member
    I don't feel inclined to give a xenophobic corporation any more of my money.
    I must have missed the part where there were irrationally afraid of foreigners?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Thank you for this information.
    I will be sure never, ever to patronize them!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Distinguished Member
    Wish I had the option not to use Quickbooks. It's a convoluted, buggy mess.

But I'm an accountant, and everyone and their dog does their bookkeeping on it, so I have to, too.

I guess I have another reason to rain curses upon them...

Paaiyan,
    Thanks for finding and posting the 'terms of service' info.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I thought this might be a false claim, but it's right here in their terms of service: http://websites.intuit.com/~site/Leg...service.ffhtml "1.1.2 You agree not to sell, distribute, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, distribution of: firearms, explosives, ammunition, tobacco (including e-cigarettes), alcohol products as well as any products or services that (i) you cannot legally sell, (ii) are misrepresented, and/or (iii) if sold using the website building Services, could cause Intuit or its affiliates to violate any law, statute or regulation."

I for one have never utilized their services, but will not be doing so in the future for sure.

This is a big bummer, used Turbo-Tax for years.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links