Defensive Carry banner

"Intuit" Appears To Be Anti-Gun

6K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  gasmitty 
#1 ·
Not sure if this fits better in another section, so I posted here in the General Discussion area...

I subscribe to a local shop's newsletter and in the edition I received today is the following paragraph:

"- Here is an excerpt from a message sent from one of our suppliers that should disturb any pro-gun American:

"Bill Jenkins, President of CW Jenkins Consulting and 10X Gunsmithing in Vero Beach, Florida, sent me a note Friday which was simple in its content and surprising in the message:

"The industry should be aware that Intuit, who owns Quicken, Quick Books, Quicken Loans, Turbo tax and Homestead Technologies, has issued the following notice while suspending my web site. "....we do not support or service anyone who manufactures, distributes or sells firearms."

That will certainly affect my decision about using any of their services."

--------------------------

#5 ·
I thought this might be a false claim, but it's right here in their terms of service: http://websites.intuit.com/~site/Legal/terms_of_service.ffhtml "1.1.2 You agree not to sell, distribute, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, distribution of: firearms, explosives, ammunition, tobacco (including e-cigarettes), alcohol products as well as any products or services that (i) you cannot legally sell, (ii) are misrepresented, and/or (iii) if sold using the website building Services, could cause Intuit or its affiliates to violate any law, statute or regulation."

I for one have never utilized their services, but will not be doing so in the future for sure.

#6 ·
I used taxact last year instead of Turbotax. Saved some money and the results were remarkably similar to the crosscheck to the previous year's Turbotax. Not going back.

#8 ·
Same here and it looks as if they are making a blanket statement trying to be politically correct across all fronts but I will take my money elsewhere.

#9 ·
I have not been a fan of theirs for quite a while. They use deceptive advertising for their professional tax packages. They send envolopes with solicitations with the outside marked 'invoice enclosed" to make you open their paper spam. this is just another nail on the coffin for me.

#10 · (Edited)
For me, it is just another reason not to buy any products from them. I used Turbotax for years, even prior to their acquisition by Intuit. However, a couple of years ago, Intuit started quietly incorporating spyware, C-Dilla software, into their Turbotax products. They will tell you how to uninstall the spyware software, you just have to really search their website to find the instructions.

The spyware deal was such a turn-off for me that I have used H&R Block's rival tax preparation program ever since. This latest revelation about Intuit corporate philosophy merely seals their coffin for me. I don't feel inclined to give a xenophobic corporation any more of my money.

#11 ·
I don't feel inclined to give a xenophobic corporation any more of my money.
I must have missed the part where there were irrationally afraid of foreigners? :smile:

Reactions: wmhawth
#24 ·
Good point OPFOR,

I can see how a contemporary vernacular interpretation could be confusing. However, I was using the term in more of an intra-corporate sense, rather than in an inter-national sense. It seems that the corporation mentioned appears to be anxious of something outside of its corporate purview. :wink:

#12 ·
Thank you for this information.
I will be sure never, ever to patronize them!

#17 ·
Read it again.

1.1.2 You agree not to sell, distribute, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, distribution of: firearms, explosives, ammunition, tobacco (including e-cigarettes), alcohol products as well as any products or services that (i) you cannot legally sell, (ii) are misrepresented, and/or (iii) if sold using the website building Services, could cause Intuit or its affiliates to violate any law, statute or regulation."

You can't sell guns, liquor, or smokes, OR anything that you cannot legally sell. Even if you CAN legally sell guns, liquor, or smokes, you can't sell them via their products...

#18 ·
Well, since I just purchased a new house, I just scratched "Quicken Loans" right off my list of lenders without giving it a second thought.

Actually, I have my financing set up elsewhere, I just wondered about Quicken Loans because of all their advertising on TV. I certainly won't use any of their computer software products in the future either.

#20 ·
I do not support any anti-2nd Amendment organization such as the manufacturers of Quicken, Quick Books, Quicken Loans, Turbo Tax, and Homestead Technologies, such as Intuit. I will not be buying products produced by Intuit.

#30 ·
https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/gun-businesses-scrambling-after-credit-service-halts-payments/

I've been using TurboTax for a few years now. Time for me to reconsider my options. I'm not sure if H&R Block is anti-2A so I'll have to do some research. It would be rather odd for me to go to a local tax prepare service and ask them what their 2A stance is. Gotta use somebody to do my taxes but I suppose I could do it myself without any tax prepare service online or offline.

#31 ·
Options are available. A note to Intuit when buying the option is in order.

#32 ·
I use Quickbooks and will continue to use Quickbooks. I sold some gunpowder the other day and Intuit called me and said all my transactions have to be swiped in person not keyed on the interwebs. That just means I'll go back to Clearant (already done) for my credit card processing. Which is too bad. Intuit offered me the option of paying my invoices by clicking on the email. It was very convenient for my clients.

#34 ·
Well, if there is a viable alternative you ought to consider it. With this relentless attack on the 2A we need to push back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.