Girls Just Wanna Have Guns

This is a discussion on Girls Just Wanna Have Guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://townhall.com/columnists/DougG...anna_have_guns Heres another thing Id like to see, a dream Ive been having lately: Id like to see a nationwide tsunami of ladies equipped to ...

http://townhall.com/columnists/DougG...anna_have_guns

Heres another thing Id like to see, a dream Ive been having lately: Id like to see a nationwide tsunami of ladies equipped to the teeth with the physical prowess and the firearm capability to kill any and all would-be murderers and rapists should such creeps ever accost them (as in the Petit murders).

I have a dream!
    Giles has a unique perspective on many matters.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

You want me to get started on the girls and guns calender for 2011? I think girls with guns are a hot item these days myself. Let me know when I can turn loose the hounds (all in good taste by the way).
    I personally think that the girls should start arming themselves with something other than pepper spray. For the most part, I think they are doing this now. More power to them IMO.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Not to steal your thunder RR, but the website Life Liberty Etc. (www.lifelibertyetc.com) has a Tactical Girls 2011 Calendar for sale if you are interested.

I don't see anything wrong with Mr. Giles blog, except his goal is too small. We need every female of sound mind to be able to handle a gun (and themselves) should a perilous situation arise in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    Not to steal your thunder RR, but the website Life Liberty Etc. (www.lifelibertyetc.com) has a Tactical Girls 2011 Calendar for sale if you are interested.

I don't see anything wrong with Mr. Giles blog, except his goal is too small. We need every female of sound mind to be able to handle a gun (and themselves) should a perilous situation arise in their lives.
    You'll never steal anything from me. Good post, good link.
    We need every female of sound mind to be able to handle a gun (and themselves) should a perilous situation arise in their lives.
    My intentions even though they might have been taken in jest. The day I got my wife to carry was one of the best days of my life since I can't be with her 24/7. I'm also too tired of hearing that women are portrayed as victims (and then there's the elderly to boot). Time to meet crime on our own, with no gender specifics. We work as a team or we're ******* in the wind. Not sure you realized where I was coming from. I still think a girls with guns calendar would be nice for 2011. Maybe we could make it a DC calendar of girls with guns?

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I'm with you, except I've never gotten my wife to even go shooting with me. Of course my 6'3", 220 lbs son loves going shooting. I think it may be more of a gender thing than we like to think. I fully support a DC calendar of girls with guns. The more the merrier!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I personally think that the girls should start arming themselves with something other than pepper spray. For the most part, I think they are doing this now. More power to them IMO.
    I agree. I know several that have done just that. They've gotten CCW permits (3 of them are in NY - the rest in PA), training, and are packing where it's legal. Most of them were both HS and college athletes (basketball and rodeo) - they've got game. Picking on them would be a serious failure of the victim selection process. One of them is my youngest daughter. I sure wish more would do what they've done.

Fitch

Links