GLOCK. Lets hear your opinion...

This is a discussion on GLOCK. Lets hear your opinion... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; G19,G26,G27,G23.....and my EDC and favorite G30! Ive owned another G23, G22 but sold em....gotta 9mm conversion barrel/G26 mags for the G27 as well... Some dont ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK. Lets hear your opinion...

G19,G26,G27,G23.....and my EDC and favorite G30!

Ive owned another G23, G22 but sold em....gotta 9mm conversion barrel/G26 mags for the G27 as well...

Some dont like me...I sure do...low bore axis, good capacity/weight ratios, conceals well, and goes and goes and goooooooes. I HAVE to purposefully put empty cases in the mags to get em to malfunction so I can practice stoppage clearance...LOL!
    Brad B.

2. Remove Ads

My problem with them is grip angle. I can switch from my XD to my 1911 and be comfortable but that is just me. Otherwise seems to be a fine weapon.

Springfield XD Service 9MM
    Sig Mosquito w/Red Dot
    Taurus 22 Auto Pocket Pistol
    S&W Chief's Special
    Remington 870
    Enfield Mark III
    SA Black Stainless PX9152L
    Browning BPS 12 ga Upland Special

I do not like Glock, I find them uncomfortable and dislike the grip.

I have fired them several times and each time leave with the same impression, "this design sucks".

Of course this is all subjective and may not reflect your experience at all.

I prefer my 1911 and SIG226.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

have you guys that dont like the grip angle fired the various sizes...?? I find that the fullsize GLOCKS hit my hand wrong...but the midsize and subcompacts fit pretty well...
    Brad B.

I am intrigued by them. I'm thinkin' of a model 19 and a few hi-cap mags.... hmmmm........

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I used to be part of the "Glockside", but I've seen the light and came back to SigSauer!

I just don't like the trigger safety, never have, never will. I don't like having to worry that if I shoot a reload that I might have a KKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOMMMM!

But all that aside, I will probably own another Glock someday. They are good pistols, they just have some "quirks"!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Glock makes a good solid handgun, it just is not for me. I prefer Sig's and XD's, because they just fit me better.
    Fear No Evil.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

standing behind my 2x4,

I just can't argue with simplicity,

I can't say when the SHTF that I will be 100 percent on manipulation of a bunch of safety's. Maybe it's the Engineering classes I took. K.I.S.S. burned into the brain and won't let go.

I learned to shoot a pistol on my fathers 1911 back when I was young, Loved the gun, but my G21 holds twice the rounds. May not need'em, but sure nice to have them on tap.

I got a great trigger lesson at a recent training class. After trigger pull to fire a round, hold it back until after recoil, then release just enough to feel the reset "CLICK" and ready to go. speeds up the follow up shot a ton. Helped my accuracy tremendously. I have a tendency to over tighten my grip on long trigger pulls. That removes a lot of the DA issues with the gun. IMO that is.

1500 rounds and no FTF or FTE that wasn't my fault. One FTE from limp wristing, and a couple of FT feed, removed the cheap aftermarket mags, no problems after that. The last third of that has been el-cheap-o Wolf ammo too.

But then just like Ammo, No one choice fits all.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I like my Glock. It is a M-29 in 10mm. I don't like it any better than any of my Ruger auto loaders though. I personally would love to find a S&W m-25-5 with a 3'' Barrell in .45 Colt. I was leary of the thing before i started to carry it . After a few hundred rounds though, it has proven to be very reliable as well as accurate. The biggest reason i chose it was i could'nt find anything else in 10mm. It does fit my hand very well and conceals very well also.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Great weapons - all of them...

G19 & G23... Didn't buy them for looks... Bought them for their ability to get the job done...

Over

and over

and over

and over... well, you get the point...
    Semper Fi ~

Eagle Scout 1975
    U.S.M.C. 1978-84
    Commercial Pilot
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Certified Flight Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Life Member
    TSRA Member

www.TexasArmament.com

I also liked RSSZ's idea of a Glock 10mm , Single stack, adjustable sights, And my own addition to this would be the addition of a long slide and barrell. I think it would make a great hunting pistol.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

I own, carry, and love glocks. Sure they're not my first choice for a BBQ gun; not nearly pretty enough, but they work, and keep on working.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I've posted this before. I had a G23 that was a great carry sized gun. It was reliable and accurate. However, I had a problem with my trigger finger rubbing against the inside bottom of the trigger guard. It rubbed so hard, I broke the skin. I just couldn't get comfortable with it, so I traded it off. I'll not get another Glock.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Well, I've tried every different size of Glock in every caliber available in the US, except for the 45GAP, and I just couldn't get used to them. I find SIGs are much easier to shoot, plus they just fit me better.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

I have a glock 23. I love that gun. It points great for me, has a simple operation, is reliable, and carries easy. I did put nights sights on it as well as an extended slide stop lever. If I could only have one gun it would be a glock. It is a tool that I can depend on to work when I need it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links