GLOCK. Lets hear your opinion...

This is a discussion on GLOCK. Lets hear your opinion... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Love them....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GLOCK. Lets hear your opinion...

Love them.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    For a bunch of Glock issues, most unflattering, read through the link:

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/gindex2.html

Used to have a Glock 19, loved it but wanted a manual safety. Information in this link does, however give me pause to think.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

blah blah blah...Ive been shooting NOTHING but GLOCKS for over 10 years....Ive NEVER had a single problem with any of em...

any gun manufacturer can and DOES have issues..there are probably more GLOCK pistols in the world than any other manufacturer so there will be more issues.

Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you read (on the net)....Ive seen pictures of SIG's,Berettas, Colts, and even HK's that have been kB'd....it can happen in any gun...and Ive heard numerous stories of other guns choking on different types of ammo, limp wristing, blah blah blah....

Shoot what you like, and what works for you 100% of the time...for me, thats GLOCK...for you maybe something else...just practice practice practice....

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002
    For a bunch of Glock issues, most unflattering, read through the link:

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/gindex2.html

Used to have a Glock 19, loved it but wanted a manual safety. Information in this link does, however give me pause to think.
    Brad B.

My Glock 19 is a gun that I will probably always keep. I carry a 1911 as much as posible......but.

My Glock is low mainenence, very relyable, and extreamly durable.

Its my #1 choice for when I work a G-class job site.

Most important of all, it wont rust in the in the humid swampland of Florida!

P.S.: As for my feeling on the safty issue. Glock should wright a safty statement in their owners manuel, that would be along the line of . "The firearms safty is located between your ears" or "Dont stick your finger where it doesnt belong! ".
    Last edited by gregarat; July 18th, 2006 at 08:51 PM.

My first handgun was a GLOCK G19, a Christmas present from my wife last year. I have gone to the range, just about weekly since. After I learned to perform the trigger action as mentioned before, I stopped milking the grip and got better groupings.

I like found the field strip/clean/lube/reassembly procedure to be simple and fast.

I now have over 3000 rounds through the weapon and have had one FTF with a Wolf round, and one FTE with a Wolf round (weak cup and saucer grip that an Army guy was showing me). FTR, the other 998 rounds fired/ejected fine, but I will not buy Wolf, for target ammo as long as I can swing the additional $20.00 for a case of Blazer ammo.

Due to keeping the same manual of arms and the above exprence with my G19, my CCW choice, if it ever arrives, (GLOCK Military Sales/War=Time) is a GLOCK G26.

Murman

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Personally, I think the G19 is probably the best 9mm platform ever created. However, the grip angle does not work for me. They just don't fit comfortably in my hand. I much prefer my P228. That being said:

If I carried a 9mm as a duty weapon, for law enforcement work, I would choose the P228. Because I know that the proper care, it is 100% reliable and I shoot it better than any other 9mm.

If I were going into combat conditions, where I knew that I would only be able to give a pistol a minimal amount of care in very harsh conditions, I would choose the G19, hands down.

Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Great Guns

I own several Glocks and I love them all. I carry my Sig sometimes and I carry my S&W 340PD in the hot summer. But I always find myself going back to the Glocks. I can conceal them well for most of the year and I love the way they shoot.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

in my opinion, Glocks and 1911s are at the top of the heap as far as combat handgun platforms go. Unfortunately, I suppose, the closer you get to the top, the less room there is for error when it comes to sloppy gun handling.

I love them both, but have neither :). Soon to change, however.

cheers

I got a chance to swing through the used selection on a work trip today.. For some reason there was only one model of Glock in the trade in used pile. G22. I asked the sales clerk how come, and he said that they are impossible to conceal and no one carries them anymore. He then went forth saying how the .40s&w doesn't have many fans, people are either into the 9mm capacity or the .45 power..

Well, by the time he was done I had just about convinced that the G22 I was carrying in the Crossbreed IWB holster at the time was a figment of my imagination.. Oddly enough, the used G22's were all priced within 30 dollars of new. Maybe that was the real reason they were still in the case?

I like my Glock and won't rid myself of it, although I don't see a need for a second.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links