Politically Incorrect Christmas Present for my Grandnephews -- PIC

This is a discussion on Politically Incorrect Christmas Present for my Grandnephews -- PIC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've giving my Grandnephews a rather politically incorrect present for this Christmas. Do you think that they will like it?? Here is a sneak peak. ...

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

I've giving my Grandnephews a rather politically incorrect present for this Christmas. Do you think that they will like it??

Here is a sneak peak. Don't anyone tell them that Santa is bringing this!!

Right click on the image and open it in a new tab or window if you would like a closer view.

what the heck is that? it looks really cool!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

It's a Walther 22 carbine.

That camo job is awesome!
    I've only seen them in glossy and matte black as OEM.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    what the heck is that? it looks really cool!

It is a Walther G22. Only 29 inches long overall, with a 20" barrel. See specs on this web page:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...05&isFirearm=Y

Model: G22
    Caliber: .22LR
    Barrel Length: 20"
    Dimensions, L/H/W: 29"/8.7"/2.2"
    Weight (without Mag): 5.9 lbs
    Sights: Adjustable
    Magazine Capacity: 10 Rounds
    Trigger: Single Action

That has to be a fun little gun. I have always like the looks of them.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Well, I've read a number of mixed reviews on this gun. People seem to either hate it or love it. I'll have to wait and see how it works out when we take it to the range and shoot it.

This rifle was actually old stock that a dealer had on his shelf. Apparently this camo option is no longer available. Solid Black or Olive Green are the two color options that Walther is currently making the gun in now.

Do I think they'll like it? Let me put it this way, I don't think they will be playing with the box.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    The Walther G22 is a very good .22LR rifle and the camo looks awesome. Nonetheless, I don't like the ultra modern design. I prefer the classic rifle design such as a Ruger 10-22 or even an M&P15-22 in that case.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Granduncle of the year! Those are neat little rifles, if they don't flip out over that there is something very very wrong with them. So how will their parents react? Are you gonna have multiple cameras set up to catch the boys' reaction along with their parents reaction? That would be legen...wait for it...dary!

P.S. can I be an honorary nephew?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Do I think they'll like it? Let me put it this way, I don't think they will be playing with the box.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    Luke 22:36 and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Granduncle of the year! Those are neat little rifles, if they don't flip out over that there is something very very wrong with them. So how will their parents react? Are you gonna have multiple cameras set up to catch the boys' reaction along with their parents reaction? That would be legen...wait for it...dary!
    I definitely plan to take some pictures, and hopefully follow up here with posting them. The boys are now old enough that my niece is OK with them handling firearms. They are in the 8th and 11th grades.

Their Dad tragically died of stomach cancer 7 years ago. He was literally skin and bones the last time I saw him alive. My poor niece went through a horrible ordeal with him being so very ill for so very long. She never remarried despite being an attractive woman, and has completely devoted herself to raising her boys. No mother is more involved with her children than she is.

Here is a recent photo of my niece, another relative, and her two boys on the right. Her older boy looks just like his Dad, while her younger son favors her much more.

Let me put it this way, I don't think they will be playing with the box.

Well, they do have an Xbox Live. But I think that they will forget about it for awhile. I'm planning to spend a couple of days at the range with them the week after Christmas. I want them to become proficient with both rifle and shotgun.

VIP Member

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

[QUOTE=joker1;1830009]Granduncle of the year! Those are neat little rifles, if they don't flip out over that there is something very very wrong with them. So how will their parents react? Are you gonna have multiple cameras set up to catch the boys' reaction along with their parents reaction? That would be legen...wait for it...dary!

P.S. can I be an honorary nephew?[/QUOTE]

AND^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I definitely plan to take some pictures, and hopefully follow up here with posting them. The boys are now old enough that my niece is OK with them handling firearms. They are in the 8th and 11th grades.

Their Dad tragically died of stomach cancer 7 years ago. He was literally skin and bones the last time I saw him alive. My poor niece went through a horrible ordeal with him being so very ill for so very long. She never remarried despite being an attractive woman, and has completely devoted herself to raising her boys. No mother is more involved with her children than she is.Here is a recent photo of my niece, another relative, and her two boys on the right. Her older boy looks just like his Dad, while her younger son favors her much more.

^^^^^^^^^So sorry to hear of your family's loss^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That must have been hell.

It sounds as though the boys have a great support network of relatives, in addition to their wonderfully devoted beautiful mother, to raise them into fine young men.

God Bless you and yours this Christmas season.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links