$5800 .22LR Bench Rest Rifle...

This is a discussion on $5800 .22LR Bench Rest Rifle... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at my FFL's place last night and saw a $5800 custom .22LR bench rest rifle that was shipped to him for a customer. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: $5800 .22LR Bench Rest Rifle...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

$5800 .22LR Bench Rest Rifle...

I was at my FFL's place last night and saw a $5800 custom .22LR bench rest rifle that was shipped to him for a customer. $5800 is a lot of money to put into a rifle that you cannot reload for. heck, $5800 is a lot of money for any rifle PERIOD! It looked nice but it didn't look $5800 nice. Some people are just swimming in cash I guess.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    $580 would be a lot to spend on a 22LR rifle.... $5800 is just crazy!
    RemMod597 and tcox4freedom like this.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    What did the rifle look like??

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    What did the rifle look like??

It had a standard palma style stock with a black laquer finish and full stainless works. Sheiln barrel and some sort of harmonic resonance dampening device on the end of the barrel. I can only guess that the scope it was supplied with was in the $2000 range. It also came shipped in a custom Pelican hard case with wheels and custom cut foam. It was pretty snazzy but nearly @ nearly $6k it should be.

Senior Moderator
    Some people equate expensive with the being the best but it ain't necessarily so.
    dukalmighty and accessbob like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ouch!

In case anyone missed it ... Ouch! That is one expensive squirrel gun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

And I thought I was being extravagant when I paid $400 for a 1948 Remington pump .22.....go figure.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    $5,800 for a .22LR rifle...that is just plain crazy!!! I would buy so many different firearms for the money that dude spent for just one .22LR rifle. I would get a rifle in .338 Lapua, an AR-15, a Bennelli M4, a Barrett .50BMG sniper rifle, a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun, an AK-47 and a few pistols (Glock 19, HK45, 1911, etc.) and some revolvers (Ruger SP-101, .44 Magnum, etc.). Some people just have so much cash they don't know what to do with it. They should visit this forum and make some of our wishes come true instead. That would be nicer! ;)
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I have seen more expensive 22lr for sale. Im just guessing but that rifle is probably capable of shooting sweet tarts at 100 yds and hitting them every time..or putting that bullet in the same hole every time at 100 yds. You pay that money for a rifle for one reason, it will shoot to the same point of impact every time. To do that you will also be weighing every round, measuring every round. Probably buying something like elay gold match ammo by the 25000 round lots. Some of these rifles are so consistent they actually run a loop of paper behind the target slowly just to verify the actual round count shot at the target.
    If you want to see lots of money spent, they have a class where the shooter doesnt even hold the rifle, its all remotely operated, electrically fired and any other wiz bang you can think of to shave a thousand of an inch off a grouping.
    So think of this 5800 dollar 22 no different then the custom rifles shot at camp perry for 1000 yd shooting.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Some people equate expensive with the being the best but it ain't necessarily so.
    Have a friend who would think 5800 for a 22 is reasonable if it shot good. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I paid 2500 for my sons first Anschutz, he was very serious about competition and I felt it was worth it. He learned well and today is a far better shot than I am.
    Price should be gauged by aq few things...quality, reputation, and of course , affording it.
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading.

Ex Member
    I have a rifle worth 6K ................no wait. That's my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    $5,800 for a .22LR rifle...that is just plain crazy!!! I would buy so many different firearms for the money that dude spent for just one .22LR rifle. I would get a rifle in .338 Lapua, an AR-15, a Bennelli M4, a Barrett .50BMG sniper rifle, a Mossberg 590A1 shotgun, an AK-47 and a few pistols (Glock 19, HK45, 1911, etc.) and some revolvers (Ruger SP-101, .44 Magnum, etc.). Some people just have so much cash they don't know what to do with it. They should visit this forum and make some of our wishes come true instead. That would be nicer! ;)
    It would be worth every penny to me if it was really what i loved to shoot. I put $1,400 in a 40 X and am still thinking about a custom 22 built on a 700 remington action or simliar for $2,600. and im still keeping my 40 X,love to shoot it.

If your shooting competition then some people will pay to try to acquire whatever asset will give them a slight edge,as far as a 5800 22 for me,I would have to kill more rabbits and squirrels than I really want to clean to justify it,so I'll keep using my 10/22's
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    One pricey squirrel rifle. A while back I went to a gun show in Greenville, NC not finding anything I could not live without I decided to take a run by Doc’s Guns and look around. Wandering around perusing all the guns on display I stopped to look at the shotguns on display. One very nice side-by-side double barrel with exquisite engraving, inlays and beautiful stock caught my eye. After admiring it I made the mistake of looking at the price, $45,000, there should have been an oxygen cylinder nearby to allow customers to catch their breath. It was a Churchill, a brand I had never seen before so I just had to research it when I got home, that is one of their midrange priced offerings.

Guns, Shotguns and Rifles - E.J.Churchill
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links