Buying used guns

This is a discussion on Buying used guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While I personally agree with being careful, and I personally don't sell guns (except a few years ago, to a CHL holder), I just get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying used guns

While I personally agree with being careful, and I personally don't sell guns (except a few years ago, to a CHL holder), I just get tired of the extremely narrow margins between new and used. Me, I'll buy new unless there is a 20-25% or so hit for the seller of a used gun. That's just me.........

I also agree it has no bearing on the government behavior, and that there are several more pressing matters about which to worry, if one is so inclined to worry.........

2. Remove Ads

Chicken Little was in the woods one day when an acorn fell on her head. It scared her so much she trembled all over. She shook so hard, half her feathers fell out.

Chicken Little: "Help! Help! The sky is falling! I have to go tell the king!"

Narrator: So she ran in great fright to tell the king. Along the way she met Henny Penny.

Henny Penny: "Where are you going, Chicken Little?"

Chicken Little: "Oh, help! The sky is falling!"

Henny Penny: "How do you know?"

Chicken Little: "I saw it with my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head!"

Henny Penny: "This is terrible, just terrible! We'd better hurry up."

Narrator: So they both ran away as fast as they could. Soon they met Ducky Lucky.

Ducky Lucky: "Where are you going, Chicken Little and Henny Penny?"

Chicken Little & Henny Penny: "The sky is falling! The sky is falling! We're going to tell the king!"

Ducky Lucky: "How do you know?"

Chicken Little: "I saw it with my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head."

Ducky Lucky: "Oh dear, oh dear! We'd better run!"

Narrator: So they all ran down the road as fast as they could. Soon they met Goosey Loosey walking down the roadside.

Goosey Loosey "Hello there. Where are you all going in such a hurry?"

Chicken Little: "We're running for our lives!"

Henny Penny: "The sky is falling!"

Ducky Lucky: "And we're running to tell the king!"

Goosey Loosey: "How do you know the sky is falling?"

Chicken Little: "I saw it with my own eyes, and heard it with my own ears, and part of it fell on my head!"

Goosey Loosey: "Goodness! Then I'd better run with you."

Narrator: And they all ran in great fright across a field. Before long they met Turkey Lurkey strutting back and forth..

Turkey Lurkey: "Hello there, Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, and Goosey Loosey. Where are you all going in such a hurry?"

Chicken Little: "Help! Help!"

Henny Penny: "We're running for our lives!"

Ducky Lucky: "The sky is falling!"

Goosey Loosey: "And we're running to tell the king!"

Turkey Lurkey: "How do you know the sky is falling?"

Turkey Lurkey: "Oh dear! I always suspected the sky would fall someday. I'd better run with you."

Narrator: So they ran with all their might, until they met Foxy Loxy.

Foxy Loxy: "Well, well. Where are you rushing on such a fine day?"

Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey (together) "Help! Help!" It's not a fine day at all. The sky is falling, and we're running to tell the king!"

Foxy Loxy: "How do you know the sky is falling?"

Foxy Loxy: "I see. Well then, follow me, and I'll show you the way to the king."

Narrator: So Foxy Loxy led Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, and Turkey Lurkey across a field and through the woods. He led them straight to his den, and they never saw the king to tell him that the sky is falling.

__________________________________________________ _________

What isn't readily apparent in this story is the fact that Foxy Loxy is actually the government. The king is a figment of imagination having to do with the false sense of security extended by a "benevolent" government to those who willingly trade freedom for their notion of safety.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by mreymann View Post
    my point sig guy is that the stranger that is willing to buy your gun off the trunk of a car for $50 more than a new one cost, is probably not the person you should sell your gun to. I have no problem selling a gun to a known friend. My experience with guns has nothing to do with my unwillingness to sell to anyone with a drivers license.

As far as a safe environment, I feel more secure in a gun shop than a Mcdonalds parking lot. I was not insulting the integrity of your home
    And what about my second point?? When has the gov't ever said "OK...we're done with this...continue on"......hint: never
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I see this a lot when I advertise guns for sale. Several times I have had people call about a gun I have listed and when I tell them to come on into the store to fill out the paperwork they hang up or tell me the deal is off. Lots of people do not want to do the paperwork when purchasing a firearm. One guy told me he didn't want the government knowing what he has...............
    Too many people have watched "Red Dawn"............................
    It also falls into the supply and demand issue................ there is a supply of private party sales out there and they will bring a price they demand.....
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Pawn shop prices are what crack me up, 2 local shops will loan on 70% of 1/2 normal retail. So they will pay you $350 for a 1000 dollar gun, 90 days later the gun will be in there case for around 850-900 and they will get all bent out of shape when you offer them $700 for it. Now they will also do transfers for $25 so when I see something in there case that interests me and they laugh at me I just order it new from someone like Buds and after I'm done with the paperwork and walking out the door with my new gun I will casually let them know that I paid less for this new gun than I offered for the one in the case that is still sitting there. It took only a few purchases to get them to wake up and see that they are lossing a ton of money when they laugh at my offers.
    Last edited by ncsteveh; December 21st, 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling

I have bought several guns and lots of gold and silver coins for cash out of trunks of cars. I even did some of these deals behind shopping centers at three in the morning.
    Of course those were all out of the trunks of police cars from officers I knew.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links